Hayabusa V8 engine!!

Bigger-Busa

Registered
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/02/09/hayabusa-v8-engine/

started building race cars powered by superbike engines back in 1996. They began using Suzuki engines and it looks like they have been fairly successful. Their latest creation, the SR8, goes a step farther. Instead of just dropping in a complete engine, they built a V8 by grafting two Hayabusa engines together. So far the figures are 372hp and the ability to rev to over 10,000rpm, which is not unusual in a motorcycle but quite a spin in a car. The SR8, depending on gearing can top 200mph. It seems we are seeing more of this kind of complex engineering lately and it may be the result of the wide availability of computer CAD/CAM SR8 sports carsoftware, enabling smaller shops to go places where only major firms used to go. The Motoczysz C1 comes to mind as another recent example of engine modifications by a small builder/designer. We may be seeing a lot more of this and I can’t wait. This kind of inventive talent has always existed but now there are more opportunities for it to be realized.

See also Motorcycle engine powered cars

Its Amazing what the future holds for motosports . When I first saw that I was blown away. And thats just the tip of the Iceberg.

This is a repost, but thats ok as I love that lil V8 I want to put that in my Busa!

that baby would fit under the hood of my Saturn Ion. Could you imigine the surprise of the guy in the Vette when my Ion keeps up to him
laugh.gif

(monster @ Jan. 27 2007,12:25) that baby would fit under the hood of my Saturn Ion.  Could you imigine the surprise of the guy in the Vette when my Ion keeps up to him
laugh.gif
SHOCKED.gif

I went to their website...I wonder what a bare chassis is worth if I buy one of their used cars and strip the motor? HMMMMMMmmmmm.

Actually, I saw something similar a couple years ago. They had siamesed 2 busa motors and stuffed into a mini cooper. That was one fast friggin mini. IIRC, 0-60 was about 4.4 seconds. I'll see if i can find the article on that and post the link.

(ibified @ Jan. 28 2007,15:07) Actually, I saw something similar a couple years ago.  They had siamesed 2 busa motors and stuffed into a mini cooper.  That was one fast friggin mini.  IIRC,  0-60 was about 4.4 seconds.  I'll see if i can find the article on that and post the link.
I thought about something similar....

the v8 idea is neat...but a custom crank and cases would be SUPER expensive in R&D alone.

attach the cranks end to end and attach the cases together. Should work basically the same but be longer.

You'd just have a slant 8.

Back