Hayabusa V8 - anyone seen this?

Hobie164

Registered
Hayabusa V8

Check out this engine these guys from Hartley Enterprises build. They take two Hayabusa motors and graft them together creating a 2.6 V8. At $28,500 this engine isnt cheap but it is definitely one of the coolest engines I have seen in a while. It is probably the closest thing to a F1 engine that you can buy. Just imagine the performance of one in a lightweight car chassis like a Caterham 7.

Pics here

HOME PAGE...
Sportbike Club - Sportbike Club from 2 Wheel Tuner Magazine

Radical makes the v8 based on the hayabusa engine. They've got some serious programs going on. A little bit of coin can buy you one. :bowdown:

I stand corrected. I just clicked through the link. Looks like there's some competition on the block. :thumbsup:

28K for a 400 hp engine ??? I wouldn't pay that much for a motor that needs mods I was kinda hoping it would be in the 800 hp range at 10K rpms :down:

Interesting, makes 400HP. That's a bit over two stock engines, tells me that if the custom bottom end is up to snuff it should be a very reliable package.

That and a Smart car would be a blast!

Or a rail dragster. Hmmm.

If the H2 weighs 150 pounds, how much does our 4 cylinder busa engine weigh? How about our engine and transmission combined weight? Does anyone know these figures?

why didnt i think of that?:banghead:
Not takin anything away from these guys and that killer motor, but it seem like you could get a "built" turbo motor with at least 400hp, if not more for a good bit less than $28k.

Back