Hayabusa turbo's

viking

Registered
There are many mods available for the Hayabusa, most ppl it seems get a full exhaust system, air box and filter mod and PC2.  This costs about $1500US and does give the bike a little more HP.  I've been considering doing this although in the long run for max HP gain a turbo might be the way to go.

Rather than spend up now on what i would consider to be the basic Busa mods, would be to save up and get a turbo fitted.  In Australian Motor Cycle News magazine they had a 205RWHP busa which had almost $5000US of mods done.  This is more costly than a turbo.

At the superbikes they had a 280RWHP turbobusa on show and i've even heard of busa's that have over 350RWHP.  

I'm not a freak or anything (250HP would be heaps) but HP per dollar turbos wins hands down.
Viking

Turbo is a nice way to go. There are a couple of turbo busa's in my area one making over 300hp at the rear wheel,with good reliability. There is a good site to go to for more info on Turbocharging its www.Azbiketech.com they should be able to answer any questions you have on Turbo vs NA big bore motor. Turbo kits are expensive though about 3,500 for the kit and then installation if you cannot do the install your self. Depends on the riding you like to do if you live in a wide flat area it's the way to go. If you like canyon riding hustleling a turbo charged Hayabusa through the canyons will take some serious skill and a gentle throttle hand. The nice thing about turbo's are that the power is tuneable so you can change hp settings for the kind of riding you like to do..... Hope this helps                                            Knebnr

Well, I'm a happy woman from sweden who has one
biggrin.gif

I got a 300RWHP MC-Xpress konverted Hayabusa. Look at this web-page : www.mc-xpress.com

You are welcome with your questions.

/Booost

08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First question is what is that machine like to ride???

Do you have a dyno chart you could post here, i'd love to see how the numbers look thru the rev range.

Viking

Well, It's smother than my last one, a GSX1100R (220RWHP). It starts boosting at about 3500-4000 rpm, but the serious kick comes at 4500-5000 rpm. And believe me it kicks!
biggrin.gif

The bike behaviour then really depends on how you handle the throttle. If your smooth or if you just roll it up, because then the excessive fuel goes right through and the charger bacomes a gasturbine....
devil.gif

Well, I'll try to give you the performance data below....

MyHTML1.gif

If you are looking for straight line performance/power go turbo by all means. If you really ride the bike, read on.
It's just soo typical of people who do not know how to use the power they have to want more, especially when it comes to a piece of paper that says some number!
Why not start with considering HP that you can use, where you will need it and what type of riding you do. I find most people like the way big pistons ride then using big cams and porting. That is because of the torque they feel when they whack the throttle open and get the !@#$% scared out of them! Lately I have seen people getting rid of turbos and going back to big cc's, nos, etc..

If you are looking for straight line performance/power go turbo by all means. If you really ride the bike, read on.
It's just soo typical of people who do not know how to use the power they have to want more, especially when it comes to a piece of paper that says some number!
Why not start with considering HP that you can use, where you will need it and what type of riding you do. I find most people like the way big pistons ride then using big cams and porting. That is because of the torque they feel when they whack the throttle open and get the !@#$% scared out of them! Lately I have seen people getting rid of turbos and going back to big cc's, nos, etc..
Talk about using search.
Original post is over 5 years old.

i have a turbo. i know how to use the power. it is there when i need it. i can take a corner my bike did not forget how to turn. i will be keeping my turbo

actually I see it the other way. More people going boost with a small hair drier for quick spool up. My Velocity stage 2 made 300 hp at 7500 rpms.

If you want Horsepower and speed a turbo is the only way to go dollar for dollar nothing is going to give what a turbo will as far as the curves I run the Dragon one or twice a month I,m by far not the fastest up there, it is still a Busa. I don,t do bad once you learn the bike it,s a blast to ride strait or curves. just one thing to remember. get your kit from a reputable builder RCC seems to be the most popular right now my setup is from velocity, the guys at steadmans are good people a pro install and tune is the secret to a trouble free ride. good luck Be Safe Go Fast

There are many mods available for the Hayabusa, most ppl it seems get a full exhaust system, air box and filter mod and PC2. �This costs about $1500US and does give the bike a little more HP. �I've been considering doing this although in the long run for max HP gain a turbo might be the way to go.

Rather than spend up now on what i would consider to be the basic Busa mods, would be to save up and get a turbo fitted. �In Australian Motor Cycle News magazine they had a 205RWHP busa which had almost $5000US of mods done. �This is more costly than a turbo.

At the superbikes they had a 280RWHP turbobusa on show and i've even heard of busa's that have over 350RWHP. �

I'm not a freak or anything (250HP would be heaps) but HP per dollar turbos wins hands down.
Viking
First, you need to know, that having a turbo on a Hayabusa isn't simply a matter of bolting on parts. The Hayabusa has a static compression ratio of 11:1 which doesn't allow for much boost because of detonation problems. So to effectively increase the horsepower output, you realistically have to change the compression ratio. This means a motor breakdown of one sort or another. There are many ways to reduce the ratio, some more costly than others. So most people opt. to have the work done. And this usually runs around $10,000 including the cost of the kit.

Jim

There are many mods available for the Hayabusa, most ppl it seems get a full exhaust system, air box and filter mod and PC2. �This costs about $1500US and does give the bike a little more HP. �I've been considering doing this although in the long run for max HP gain a turbo might be the way to go.

Rather than spend up now on what i would consider to be the basic Busa mods, would be to save up and get a turbo fitted. �In Australian Motor Cycle News magazine they had a 205RWHP busa which had almost $5000US of mods done. �This is more costly than a turbo.

At the superbikes they had a 280RWHP turbobusa on show and i've even heard of busa's that have over 350RWHP. �

Viking
First, you need to know, that having a turbo on a Hayabusa isn't simply a matter of bolting on parts. The Hayabusa has a static compression ratio of 11:1 which doesn't allow for much boost because of detonation problems. So to effectively increase the horsepower output, you realistically have to change the compression ratio. This means a motor breakdown of one sort or another. There are many ways to reduce the ratio, some more costly than others. So most people opt. to have the work done. And this usually runs around $10,000 including the cost of the kit.

Jim
you sir are full of poo.

Viking

Jim
you sir are full of poo.
+100

Hmm just searched, busa turbo installed, and look what came up!!

"Hayabusa GSX1300R Modular Turbo System. With the increased costs involved for many riders & competitors to turbocharge their Hayabusa XXX SHOP have looked into & finalised a fully upgradeable turbo package that can work with the budgets of people entering into turbocharging without breaking the bank.

The new modular turbo system will be aimed at a low cost 250bhp entry system that can be enhanced with the necercery add ons to eventually achieve over 450bhp.

The basic entry package will produce 250bhp & cost £2995+vat & £500+vat+install & consist of the following

GT25/40R Turbocharger with inbuilt wastegate. XXX SHOP Billet plenum. BEGI adjustable Fuel pressure regulator. 2" Aluminium up pipe. Stainless steel dump pipes & Header pipes. Goodridge oil feed to turbo Goodridge oil feed from turbo Goodridge fuel hose & fittings Goodridge billet fuel filter Billet Pair block off plates Welded fuel tank outlets with dah 6 & 8 fittings Bosch 500bhp fuel pump Welded sump pan with dash 10 fitting Billet turbo dash 10 outlet Boost gauge, vac pipes, silicone hoses, jubilee clips etc K&N air filter Customer supplied Power Commander

this package at 6 psi on a standard engine without modification will be good for 250bhp to 270bhp.

turbo1pad$10,029.99pad"

That is without taking engine out for the install of a spacer plate or turbo pistons etc., or installing adjustable cam sprocket to re-degree the cams when either are installed, oh and with out a power commander.
And I wouldn't want my bikes touched by some back yard mechanic that can do the job for "half of that" or someone who says "I work on cars its the same thing"...nope.

Back