Hayabusa turbo need tuned?

Freechance

Registered
I have a 2000 turbo hayabusa with a stage one mr.turbo setup.. I dont know if the bike might need tuned or what..the bike runs really good,good boost ect..im only running 6.5lb of boost on the bike..but the problem is when im riding just cruising at a low speed the bike kinda pops,not out the exaust and its not loud..its kinda like a miss or something..i quess like a thud...kinda like if u have an older bike that had a dead spot in the carb maybe..but if your giving the bike gas it never does it..just at low rmp... What is this???

Sounds to me like you need to get it tuned. Did you just throw the turbo kit on there or did you buy the bike with the turbo on it? ???

I bought the bike with the turbo..i got it from fullthrottle motorsports..they said it was tuned good..but thats in michagan an im in southern illinois

Are you trying to load the engine with too high of a gear at low revs? Try to kick the gear down one or two when driving slow and see if the problem goes away.

I might be...i ride it like a old man on a harley..since i got the bike i really never had it past 5500 rpm...im still trying to adjust to the bike..been a while since i rode one..i rode all kinds of bikes..my gsx was really easy to ride but each bike is a little different..didnt want to wreck my bike i have a lot of money in..im not a newbe on bikes or anything..the other problem im having is the clutch is really touchy..when u go to let it out u can feel it grab,like the plates are sticking or something!! If u try to take off fast i usually kill it. If u let it out slow u can feel them grab,a little more out and it takes off..Usually have to let it out slow until u get it to move then let it out..

I tried that and it dies..like the clutch locks up to fast..if u take off really slow its ok, but if u try to do it fast it does not give enough time to get the bike rolling..

That's the Busa clutch for ya man. It takes some getting used to. Not great for launching. There are lots of clutch mods out there if you want to change the feel. I'm not a big drag racing person myself and I've gotten used to feathering it when accelerating quickly from a stop.

Good luck.

Ya its different!! I just thought it might be the clutch!!! I can get Use to it ..its just a little tricky..Thanks

Bring it to Kansas City, meet the peeps here, and take your bike to Smithers Cuctoms. He will make your turbo busa sing.:thumbsup: Here is his new busa race bike.

100_0560 (Medium).jpg

That bikes a tank..more than i need lol...i think the back humps on those bikes are so ugly..but who cares its a race bike...

i dont know alot about turbos but from what i have seen and read about them they are really finiky , they have to be tuned just right, now a stage one should not be to bad

lower boost ex but still if it came from mich and your in ill , what is the diff in temp, elivation air density ex , i would say it needs retuned !

the clutch sounds fine to me i think you need to give it a bit more gas and let it out easy , i would have to say its set up more for drag kinda, so run the rpm up to 3k and just let the clutch out smooth , and try to keep the rpm at 3k untill the clutch is all the way out then you can get on it !

good luck with that !

Last edited:
Back