Hayabusa tires

sk8snw8s

Registered
First I want to ask, will a 200/50ZR-17 fit the rear with out having to get a wider swing arm and rim? Also are Metzeler good tires and which is better the Metzeler or Shinko?
Or any other tires better than these but not looking to spend over $400 for two tires?

<!--EDIT|sk8snw8s
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156729961 -->

You know you are the first person to ever ask that question!
biggrin.gif
Sorry, I apologize for the sarcasm, but you would have no idea how many times that question gets posed. The search function is an amazing thing! Your stock BT rear tire is a 198, so a 200 will fit without problem. Tires are an individual preference, but again do a search to see what others have thought and help you formulate your own opinion.

shenko raves buy at ironpony.com only 80 a piece...i have over 3000 on the tire and still lots of tread left....and sticks pretty good ...but in rain on cement...forget it ...skate gently....

dude-if you wanna get cheap tires, go buy a 600 with a stunt cage so it wont matter when you fall over! seriously-your a** n all the $$ you spent on your bike is resting on two small strips of rubber-I never asked how much my tires were, I just asked "what can I get for my bike that is BETTER than stock?"

the answer for me was Dunlop Qualifiers with a 190 rear-you will lose a lil turn-in with a 200 rear, and they cost more. Dunno what I spent, but they are comparable in price to the Michelein Pilot Powers-a lil less performance for a lil less money IMO-good enuf but didnt break the bank. I love'em. Way better than the Dunlop 208s, n BT014s.
Try online stores for best price.
smile.gif

I run race slicks on the street cause they make me feel neato.
tounge.gif

Not really. I have the Qualifiers.

Bought the Michelin Pilot Powers, front and rear both for $219.00 on eBay. Just got the bike home during my lunch hour from the shop that mounted and balanced them for me. I think I made a good decision!!

Ordered yesterday received today. Rear Dunlop Qualifier 190/50/17 $148.
Local stealership wanted $257

you will get as many opinions as there are riders.

determined by - how you ride, where you ride, concerned about longevity?, looks, brand loyal?, roll of the dice?

i went back with the stock rear because it suited my needs

good luck!

shenko raves buy at ironpony.com only 80 a piece...i have over 3000 on the tire and still lots of tread left....and sticks pretty good ...but in rain on cement...forget it ...skate gently....
<span style='color:darkblue'>Hey i have been waiting for someone to try those! I know they rock on my Bandit 1200. 8k miles from the rear and 10+ from the front 009's.. as good as any just not much $$$. Handled as good as any on the wet IMO! Don't forget the born on date when buying those good deals on ebay etc W=168mph Z=149+
rock.gif
</span>

I personally like the M1 or the BT for the rear. But I went and bought a 200 Shinko....it feels good. But it was 100+ degrees for what 40 days straight and no rain. I plan on getting a BT next week, and keeping that Shiko as my emergency tire.

(Dirty_Red @ Sep. 06 2006,19:29) I personally like the M1 or the BT for the rear. But I went and bought a 200 Shinko....it feels good. But it was 100+ degrees for what 40 days straight and no rain. I plan on getting a BT next week, and keeping that Shiko as my emergency tire.
Which BT ?

Back