Hayabusa throttle response

L8BRKR

Registered
A quick question please... I've been riding Kaw ZX9's for the last 5 years (and many others for a lot longer) and am about ready to take the plunge into a new `Busa. I'm drawn to an `02 in Silver but I'm concerned about possible "abrupt" throttle response. Is this a problem, to any degree, with the 1300 injection? At any combination of speed/RPM/throttle opening?

Thanks in advance.
confused.gif

The throttle response is very smooth, but it still takes some familiarity. You need to learn to be smooth on the throttle as it takes only a small amount keep it going at a good pace. In daily driving, you probably will never open it up more than 1/4. Bursting it on the highway onramp to 140, you probably will only use 1/2. Wide open throttle is something you will only do in 3rd and above and top end runs or when doing power wheelies.

The hardest part isn't slipping, it's overcoming the massive temptation to use all that power. Took me a few stops by the plod and a near-death wreck to learn moderation myself.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wow.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

The only time I have any trouble is below 5-8 miles per hour.  The throttle works like an on-off switch, when barely moving in first gear.  It's only a problem in a parking lot or somewhere that you have to manuever when going real slow. Very touchy!! This is the only time I have ever had a problem, if you want to call it that. More like a quirk!

I'd say sometimes at low speeds/rpms you can feel a little jerkiness in the throttle response....might be the bike, might be me. I usually dont have any issues moving very slow speeds in parking lots, etc.... just use good throttle/clutch combo and you'll be fine.

Like others say, you probably won't crack it more than 1/2 way anyway in most places, unless you have a really long and straight stretch of road.....with no police
cool.gif
laugh.gif

Ya'll do realize that this thread started in 2002... right?
rock.gif
Is he even still around to see the replies? We;ve been BONED!
biggrin.gif
As in, someone dug up one.
laugh.gif

In my opinion, it IS jerky (on/off switch action) near closed throttle in at least 1st and 2nd gear. In tight canyons this can be un-nerving at least. My only solution is to gear down or speed up so I'm not too close to closed-throttle when feathering around corners. If the throttle is open a ways and the revs are up, it's smooth and predictable.

Edit: I consider this very minor and I LOVE the bike
thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|Ironbrad
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107808567 -->

Old thread, but decent topic. Being new to the Busa, I've noticed it, but it's not bad enought o be annoying, and as mentioned, prudent clutch lever work can tame it. Besides, it's overwhelmed by all the great aspects of the bike. I took it on my favorite twisty road Saturday, and I was simply amazed. I was cutting the turns almost too tightly; The Busa felt very nimble & responsive. It was such a rush I just went faster and faster. I had more fun than I think I've had in 25+ years of riding. Thank you, Suzuki, and everybody that encouraged me to buy this thing........
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

i totall agree with you red... The thing actully handels very well. I did some twisties too yesterday, and I felt its a very nible bike... given its power and handling.
biggrin.gif

Back