hayabusa swingarm removal

Vetteman761

Registered
Hey Guys I just bought a motorcycle lift from harbor freight so i could get my swingarm off, but the bottom of the busa where the lifts supports are supposed to go at isnt flat , exhaust running under it and no fram for it to rest on, so how did you all raise your bike up to remove the arm? thanks

Yea I am at that point too lol I had a tranny jack under it but I wasn’t comfortable. Thinking of a way to sling from the rafters

F774E278-6F69-4B7C-A80E-0903F73DA0B4.jpeg

Yea I am at that point too lol I had a tranny jack under it but I wasn’t comfortable. Thinking of a way to sling from the rafters

View attachment 1588809
Hi. did you get the table or just the stands in the photo? I have a table and wood and a jack and tie it down. If youlook in my post [my very slow build] you can see it the front end is off but will work for rear too.

When I put the shock in my L2 , and also suspension link bolts and swingarm pivot , I used a small car 1500kg jack on wheels , avoided hitting the ti pipe and picked up the bikes front weight on the frame suspension pivot mount and that frame bridge . This has to be done carefully , so as to find the correct solid front biased point . The jack comes under the area from the side and everything has to be checked to miss . A hassle but can be done , if you cannot suspend somehow with straps etc. .

What lift is that?
Love the garage layout!!

The life brand name is "Handy". https://www.handyindustries.com/ I bought it from one of the local bike shops when they upgraded to newer lifts that had drop away front sections. I am getting close to 70. I don't mind getting down on the floor to work on something. But I do mind having to get back up. Money well spent for a lift at any age.

Holy crap that thing looks clean. How many miles on it? -3?

If you're talking about the one on the lift. It's an 04. Had a little over 600 miles on it when I changed the swing arm. Has under 4k now. I guess you could call it a barn find. It was 10 years old when I bought it. Had 524 miles on it. I got it in late Fall of 2014. Put about a 100 miles on it before the weather got bad. First thing I did was stretch it. It is a nice contrast to the old Harley I have.

If you're talking about the one on the lift. It's an 04. Had a little over 600 miles on it when I changed the swing arm. Has under 4k now. I guess you could call it a barn find. It was 10 years old when I bought it. Had 524 miles on it. I got it in late Fall of 2014. Put about a 100 miles on it before the weather got bad. First thing I did was stretch it. It is a nice contrast to the old Harley I have.
Hi. I know the getting back up part very very well!

The life brand name is "Handy". https://www.handyindustries.com/ I bought it from one of the local bike shops when they upgraded to newer lifts that had drop away front sections. I am getting close to 70. I don't mind getting down on the floor to work on something. But I do mind having to get back up. Money well spent for a lift at any age.
I hope that when I get close to 70 I can still crush it like you Popie. Pretty awesome and nice bike!

If you don't have an above rafter to use guess an engine or chain hoist could be strapped on to with bike on the ground. Just an idea.

Hey Guys I just bought a motorcycle lift from harbor freight so i could get my swingarm off, but the bottom of the busa where the lifts supports are supposed to go at isnt flat , exhaust running under it and no fram for it to rest on, so how did you all raise your bike up to remove the arm? thanks
I always support my bikes with a small jack around the foot pegs area. Just make sure you have enough room to work with, and always ratchet strap your bike down so it wont tip over.

Back