Hayabusa STAMPEDE

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Hi everybody, just a note....tomorrow is the start of the week long Stampede here in Reno(hosted at the luxurious Peppermill). Got a lot of great rides scheduled here in the Sierras and, of course, the fabulous "Hayabusa only" track day at 29 turn Reno/Fernly Raceway! (complete with 5 riding coaches)
Folks are coming in as I write this, including as far as British Columbia and Nova Scotia. Anyways, I'll be throwing some pics up in a few days so stand by. Doyle (ps as depicted below, I thought I'd ride Rossi's bike in the twisties this year)

P1020651.JPG

P1000324.JPG

DM_46864.jpg

One of these years I'll make the stampede. IBA national is this week in Denver, so won't be making it this time. Maybe next year, who knows?

Wish I could be there for the kick-off ride Monday morning again this year. But will see everyone Wednesday evening at the Peppermill when I get there. Trailering Busa this year, be leaving home Tuesday morning and making pitstop about 2 hours south of home to have my leaking fork seals taken care off so my Busa will be 100% when I arrive in Reno. Each way is roughly 2400km (1500 miles).

Wish I could be there for the kick-off ride Monday morning again this year. But will see everyone Wednesday evening at the Peppermill when I get there. Trailering Busa this year, be leaving home Tuesday morning and making pitstop about 2 hours south of home to have my leaking fork seals taken care off so my Busa will be 100% when I arrive in Reno. Each way is roughly 2400km (1500 miles).

Lookin forward to your arrival! Doyle

Wow, I just went over to the Peppermill to see some of the "first arrivals" and tonight is the big "Hot August Nights" here in Reno. I was at a stoplight on my Busa and was surrounded by a Ford GT-40, a bucket T with blown Chrysler, a Cobra and a 66 Camero with tubbed rear end, roll cage and big block! Car shows in every parking lot. I forgot how much I love '57 Chevy convertibles (fire engine red with amazing big motor sound).
BTW, the guy in the Shelby Cobra looked down at the Superbyke, looked at me, nodded and said "nice". I am so superficial, it takes so little to make my night.

Wow, I just went over to the Peppermill to see some of the "first arrivals" and tonight is the big "Hot August Nights" here in Reno. I was at a stoplight on my Busa and was surrounded by a Ford GT-40, a bucket T with blown Chrysler, a Cobra and a 66 Camero with tubbed rear end, roll cage and big block! Car shows in every parking lot. I forgot how much I love '57 Chevy convertibles (fire engine red with amazing big motor sound).
BTW, the guy in the Shelby Cobra looked down at the Superbyke, looked at me, nodded and said "nice". I am so superficial, it takes so little to make my night.

Gotta love it..

do you still need info on that mirror?

Gotta love it..

do you still need info on that mirror?

No Daniel, you won't believe this...I had an oil drain pan full of oil from a year ago, as I emptied it for recycling, the other bar end Oberon mirror was IN THE MUCK! For a freeking year....it actually cleaned up nice, kind of like preserved like the La Brea tar pits! Guess it fell off a shelf or something. Anyways, the Superbyke has two mirrors now. Doyle

Doyle - We went to the Grand Sierra last night for Hot August Nights and Victorian Square the two previous nights to see all the cars. Man do I love the sound of all of the V-8's and the smell they emit as they burn fuel.

Anyways looking forward to finally meeting you as we moved up here 4-5 months ago. Really looking forward to the track!

What part of Reno are you in? We are out in Spanish Springs.

Scott

Doyle - We went to the Grand Sierra last night for Hot August Nights and Victorian Square the two previous nights to see all the cars. Man do I love the sound of all of the V-8's and the smell they emit as they burn fuel.

Anyways looking forward to finally meeting you as we moved up here 4-5 months ago. Really looking forward to the track!

What part of Reno are you in? We are out in Spanish Springs.

Awesome....I'm in Hidden Valley...Looking forward to meeting you! Doyle

nice...

No Daniel, you won't believe this...I had an oil drain pan full of oil from a year ago, as I emptied it for recycling, the other bar end Oberon mirror was IN THE MUCK! For a freeking year....it actually cleaned up nice, kind of like preserved like the La Brea tar pits! Guess it fell off a shelf or something. Anyways, the Superbyke has two mirrors now. Doyle

OK,1st big ride is tomorrow (Monday) and I've decided to ride the Superbyke this week, including the track day. Really excited to try the Superbyke in the "hi country twisties" in the Sierras. Great roads to wring out your motorcycle and deepen you relationship with it. A lot of braking, apexes, rises.....really looking forward to test it's ability in the intensity of warm mountain roads! (and for that matter, limitations, if any). Below pics don't do the bike justice in terms of how CLEAN the bike is....every crack and junction! Prepped it all afternoon while listening to thunderclouds, fun process. Anyways, more later. Doyle

IMG_0003 (1).jpg

IMG_0005 (1).jpg

IMG_0006 (1).jpg

IMG_0007 (1).jpg

IMG_0008 (1).jpg

IMG_0009 (1).jpg

IMG_0010 (1).jpg

End of 1st day...went to Tahoe, rode to Emerald Bay, 6 of us broke off and did Ice House road and Wentworth Road....60 miles of high banked twisties through the forest! OMG, what fun. Cool temps in hi country due to cloud cover. Tomorrow, Truckee, Sierraville, Downieville, Quincy, etc. if you know the area. All of Hwy 49 is just paved! More later. Doyle

Back