hayabusa speed

mikebusa99

Registered
Has anyone heard of a stock hayabusa hitting 200mph?i read in a bike magazine that a busa went 196mph.Does anyone know?

Only one mag ever said it crossed 200mph and it was in England somewhere. The majority of the tests are between 186 - 198mph.

With very small mods you can cross 200 mph. If you want a website with the info let me know.

A 1999 Busa maybe. After that the 2000, 2001, and 2002 restrictors kicked in and limited the top speed.

eyes.gif

ya i know about the 99 busa can crack the 200mph
but for a 2000+ there is a speed limit at 181mph

I've read a magazine a few years back(don't know exactly) that tested a busa. They reported 203mph, sorry I don't remember what magazine it was. That was stock.

I have that magazine the 203 mph was the cover story, I think it was Sport Rider. I am almost positive that someone had put a turbo on that bike and it did 203. I will have to try and find that magazine in my archives somewhere.

Yeah there was an article that was a stock busa in england that did 200.3. The one your speak of doing 203mph was a stock busa with a bolt on turbo.

I'll see if I can't find the website with the info on it.

A 1999 Busa maybe.  After that the 2000, 2001, and 2002 restrictors kicked in and limited the top speed.

eyes.gif
you should not post if you don't know facts
laugh.gif

1999 and 2000 had no top speed limiters
iamwithstupid.gif
Excuse me.... I'm obviously in the presence of an expert...

rock.gif
O.K. this is just a warning...Don't go and piss Postal off...The last member that did that disappeared without a trace...

I don't think we'll be losing the Cheeseman anytime soon. He's been hardened by the other boards.
laugh.gif

2000 was when they signed the agreement, which did not take effect until the 2001 model year. More people than not believe that the 2000 year or half the 2000 year was restricted. That misconception has been going on even back in 2000 when I was looking for mine.

Just remember not to believe every ASS-U-ME-ed piece of information without verifying it first.
wink.gif

O.K. this is just a warning...Don't go and piss Postal off...The last member that did that disappeared without a trace...[/QUOTE]
ices_rofl.gif
  So what did happed to Whoa??

A 1999 Busa maybe.  After that the 2000, 2001, and 2002 restrictors kicked in and limited the top speed.

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

iamwithstupid.gif

rock.gif
O.K. this is just a warning...Don't go and piss Postal off...The last member that did that disappeared without a trace...
Here we go again...
laugh.gif

Stu, I knew you would pick up on this one.... You da man!

muscle.gif

laugh.gif

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

iamwithstupid.gif

rock.gif
It is nothing personal but there is enough bad info out there anyway no need to add to it
jump9.gif
No prob. Cheese. Might want to be careful though how you respond in the future, don't want to make Stu mad at you, he's meaner than I am. I think he did away with Whoa and isn't telling. Stu was the last one seen with him.
biggrin.gif

Back