Hayabusa Security

samurai1833

Registered
rock.gif
Hey I'm new to the forum and want to know what products others are using for bike security. My last bike ws air-cooled and had lots of space for chains and such, but the tight packaging of the Busa makes me wonder how I can secure when I park and walk to an event.  

I use the disk lock but but a couple of guys could walk it into a Van.

I want the security of a big friggin light pole and a length of chain. What have you guys been doing other than looking out the window?  
lookaround.gif

when i go to places park nd walk aay for day disck lock and theft inusance !!thats all i figure i can really do

Welcome to the board. I haven't had to leave my bike anywhere yet but I do keep a cable lock under the seat.

If they want it bad enough nothing will keep them from taking it! (Ok, one exception Smith & Wesson!). I carry a couple of padlocks that I put on the front rotor & one around the chain and sprocket! Looked at several alarms which can be pricey and generally only afford a tiny bit of protection. I've seen guys who have wired in hidden kill switches, others use logging chains. But, the best protection "money can't buy". Just don't leave your bike unattended! Sorry, I wish I had a sure fire answer for protecting your investment. But, I don't..............Ks

Thanks for your input, I've been looking around and there are some other good ideas about alarms and pagers and stuff I guess I'll just have to think of something that lets me sleep at night.

Oh here's another piece of paranoia  
notify.gif
I thought of when walking from my bike. The guy I brought it from gave me a Kryptonite disk lock in the deal with one key, and two keys to the bike.

What if he had the other key and a spare to the bike,
suspect.gif
 he could just be waiting for the right time to snatch it!!!!

By the way- yes, I have trust issues!

Thanks for your input, I've been looking around and there are some other good ideas about alarms and pagers and stuff I guess I'll just have to think of something that lets me sleep at night.

Oh here's another piece of paranoia  
notify.gif
I thought of when walking from my bike. The guy I brought it from gave me a Kryptonite disk lock in the deal with one key, and two keys to the bike.

What if he had the other key and a spare to the bike,
suspect.gif
 he could just be waiting for the right time to snatch it!!!!

By the way- yes, I have trust issues!
And just as well you should be. I currently use a Gorilla alarm with tilt switch on my bike. I also use a Kryptonite cable lock just in case I have to leave my baby alone. But, like most guys say, there is really no true deterrent if someone really wants your bike bad enough.

Brian

Get a pic of a someone of the net somewhere with a bullet hole to the head or something. Print it out and clip it to the windscreen with "This could be you" typed across the bottom.
firedevil.gif

You should be able to re-key the lock for around $10-12 bucks! This could keep you from having issues!

I installed an Aritronix alarm on mine. Makes a bloody irritating noise, but then again, it offers only primary protection.

Best thing to do is to make sure you are insured properly and for the right amount, and chain your baby to a ground anchor.

Sometimes you just have to walk away without thinking about it too much.

I just tell my momma if my bike gets touched she doesn't like thiefs and has her own punishment.Can't go in to details. Not pretty though..

Had too blank it out for obv reasons...

Antibusajacking.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice picture
rock.gif
, But I wasn't looking to hide my busa inside anything.

I would chair her to it though, it'd
keep everything away, even flies.

Ok I have 2 Kyrptonite locks I have a regular twisted wire 6ft cabkle i use when I'm riding in town and making short stops. When I'm on the road for long overnight trips I carry the New York FOUGETABOUTIT lock and chain it to something either right outside my room or at the front office where it can be seen by the clerk. Even the big lock fits in the trunk. And believe me if you use that and chain it to an anchor IT WILL NOT BE MOVED. I've been looking over alarms and have pretty much decided to go with the Airtronix which has a pager, its costly, but i have the cost of the bike and over 5k in mods so whats another $400 bucks to be able to sleep at night...

Oh an Siruk ....thats a BIG woman

Coming from New York, I agree the only way to insure your bike not getting jacked is to keep it in view. A couple of friends were in NYC at a sidewalk cafe having a drink with their bikes parked across the street in plain view. A van pulled up in front of the bikes and two guys got out and tried to take one not 20 ft from where my friends were sitting. Luckily one of them realized the van was sitting way to long and went to check. They had one bike unlocked and ready to go in the van. After some drama and a brief chase they managed to get away, but it just goes to show you how brave thiefs can be. One trick I know is camoflage. Go buy the ugliest bike cover with a BSA or Moto Guzzi logo on it. Most thiefs don't even know what they are and may not give your bike a second look.

Samamurai it all fits under the passenger seat with no mods. You could also do the HUMP MOD line it with foam and place you chains in it. I run it through the hole in the swing arm and rear tire and then anchor it to something. I figure they have to cut through the large part of the swingarm to steal it. Removing the swingarm or cutting through it would take more time and effort than it would be worth for most thieves.

Back