Hayabusa pegs cruiser style?

jordieamber

Registered
Hi all,

I am hoping that someone may be able to provide some information on whether this is possible and if so, how could it be done?

Long story short, my partner was involved in a serious accident while riding his much loved Busa. A car pulled out on a round about and didn't give way to my boyfriend who had right of way thus causing a collision.

The collision caused a lot of damage and trauma to his body. It has nearly been a couple of years and the surgeons have concluded that his range of motion will not increase or improve any further in his left leg. His left knee is stuck at 90 degrees which is not nearly enough ROM to sit on a Busa again - especially given that he is 6'5".

Is it possible to modify his busa so that the pegs are cruiser style? I have attached pics as an example to help people understand what I mean.

Nearly two years without riding his Busa has really taken a toll on my boyfriend's mental health. Most people don't really understand why he feels that way... they usually just say "at least you survived and why on Earth would you want to ride again?."
In his mind his busa is a passion and a way of life. Having people say things like that to him makes him feel isolated and alone.
I always do my best to encourage him, comfort him and support him - but I am not a motorbike rider so maybe my boyfriend doesn't necessarily feel like I relate to his experience.

It is completely acceptable for people who have fallen of a horse and seriously injured themselves to want to "get back on the horse". It sucks that there is a stigma around motorbike riding as it is very invalidating for my partner and people in his situation.

He just wants to get back on the Busa!!

Thank you for your time. :)

Busa Pegs 2.jpg

Busa Pegs.jpg

Zeuz Armor.JPG

Props for your buddy for wanting to get back on his Busa after that. :super: If he feels safe riding with his disability then good for him. The engine mount bolt hole that is commonly used to add frame sliders might be a good sturdy mount for a simple mod.

Would he consider another type of bike? Riding a Busa cruiser style poses some control and safety issues. I recently moved to a more upright bike, in my case I'm just getting old though. Still have and ride the Busa too. Get a bike that is designed to ride feet first. Not a Busa experience but many cool things about riding are universal.

Back