HAYABUSA OVER HEATING

HELLO
iM WONDER IF ANYBODY KNOW IF THERE IS ANY MODE OR SOMETHING THAT PREVENT MY HAYABUSA OVER HEAT. I LIVE IN PUERTO RICO HERE IS ALWAYS HOT WEATHER AND EVERYTIME THAT I AM IN A RUSH HOUR MY BUSA OVER HEAT. ANY SUGGESTION PLEASE.

Muzzy fan blade, Engine ice or water wetter, and second cooling fan from 1K gixxer with a muzzy blade!

Like NJ said, I would check or replace the thermostat. After that, try a Muzzy fan and Engine Ice coolant like 05Busa said.

May need to be burped...
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

I live in Puerto Rico too,one good modification is change the stock fan to muzzy fan ,you feel the diference

Split lanes!

What do you expect? All the good answers were already taken.
smile.gif

(Sloto200 @ Apr. 08 2007,11:07) May need to be burped...  
rock.gif

rock.gif
always the first step.... then thermostat, then secondary gix1k fan, then higher psi rad cap, after this things get complicated...

rock.gif

Not sure if this info will help you, but I too kept thinking my Busa was overheating in traffic, even pulling over to allow the needle to come down from the red...

I ended up installing a Muzzy Fan, flushed the entire coolant system and just put more coolant in, nothing fancy...hubby brought an industrial thermostat home from work and we fired the Busa up, let it sit and run for 30 minutes, noting that the fan was cutting on and off, that the needle touched the red and me always fearful it was about to overheat, but it didn't...either my guage is reading incorrectly or the thermostat is slightly off, but according to the hand-held thermostat we used to check temps on the Busa, the bike was no where near actually overheating...

Try everything mentioned here, but you may also want to see if someone can do what we did and take actual temps to see where you stand...

(Sloto200 @ Apr. 08 2007,03:07) May need to be burped...  
rock.gif

rock.gif
If you've had the cooling system drained lately I'd bet it's got an air bubble in it.

Try this: Get a strong friend to help. Slowly and carefully lay your bike over on its LEFT side and wait 30 seconds then sit it upright. You don't have to lay it all the way down but come as close as you can without scratching anything. When you get it back up check your water level at the radiator. You should find it's way down and requires a topoff. Problem solved.

Don't ask how I found this out.

rock.gif

(Astrogoth @ Apr. 13 2007,09:11)
(Sloto200 @ Apr. 08 2007,03:07) May need to be burped...  
rock.gif

rock.gif
If you've had the cooling system drained lately I'd bet it's got an air bubble in it.

Try this: Get a strong friend to help. Slowly and carefully lay your bike over on its LEFT side and wait 30 seconds then sit it upright. You don't have to lay it all the way down but come as close as you can without scratching anything. When you get it back up check your water level at the radiator. You should find it's way down and requires a topoff. Problem solved.

Don't ask how I found this out.
unfortunatly this worked for me also

rock.gif

Is this the problem?
cut and paste from,
http://www.hyp4r.com/hayabusa/other_problems.html

Stuttering problems after stopping at traffic lights.

- All the runing problems associate with stopping at traffic lights, waiting
in traffic, not starting when hot etc I cured on my machine by moving the
Input Air Temperature Sensor (bottom LHS of airbox) to the ram air tube
(about 1 inch left of the fuse box)

- Problem is when the IATS gets hot, it leans the mixture out. You take the
machine for a ride, then try to hold the IATS in your hand.....TOO HOT!!!!!

- I plugged the vacant hole with a plastic bolt and a dab of silicone sealant.

- Melted a hole in the Ram air duct with the tip of a soldering iron, just
large enough so that with lots of trying the IATS would screw into the
ducting.

cheers
ken

Back