HAYABUSA.ORG MC JACKET PATCH DESIGN

OB_Bert Branson

Registered
Pete-
I really liked the color scheme and the "look" of the patch. But, I think the eagle is a bit much. Hayabusa is a falcon and I'm sure we could find an awesome, tough, striking looking falcon somewhere. The design is sweet...just change the eagle to a falcon.

suiciderider - wwII planes with bird teeth? I think not. There were sharks teeth, but you would be hard pressed to come up with birds teeth.

The 1 design looks better than the 2nd, if you must do a bird, a Falcon would be more like it.

The Design of the Patch is a good one,only change I would make is get rid of the Eagle and have a Falcon in flight holding a crushed speed roadsign,that way we don't offend anyone and since most of us hate posted speed signs.The second or lower patch looks very close to the HA "Red and White"patch and they will rip anyone who copies their style of patch.For anyone HA means Hell's Angles

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 10 September 1999).]

Pete,
Its good to see the patch idea becoming a reality. I like the one wing version. I have to go with the consensus on the Falcon theme. The Eagle looks good and is tough, but we are Falcons. Let be true to the breed. Maybe you can find a picture of one hitting a bird in flight. The ones i have seen eating my birds don't look "puss" at all. If it looks too tame "oh well". Just like our bikes look a little puss. I know you have done a lot of work to make this happen. Just tweak it into a Falcon and seee what the group thinks. Keep it simple. No teeth/road sign's. I know how hard it can be to design stuff . Thanks.
ducmanic
Los Angeles

THANKS for the comments on the design.

I get what you're saying about the falcon vs the eagle and I'll just take it as a challenge to make a falcon's face look tough.

Also, I think that since the Busa is all about high speed, that I should ask the designer to give the image and words much more sense of motion. Like warp speed.

Back to you in a few days.

I like the idea as I stated in a different topic. I took a look at the web site and I can not buy a patch with this design. I believe the patch to be ridiculous with the eagle's head posted. I feel the intentions were there to give the logo that serious look the 'busa deserves but I can not reccomend the patch as it is.

I thank you that the patch design is open to discussion and I would reccomend that the logo be redesigned to show a falcon in streaming flight.

To give it a meaner look a fierce scowl could be placed on its face with teeth barring. I know that birds do not have teeth but if you picture it you can see how it would look good. Think of the WWII faces on the fighter planes.

No cruelty intended in this posting.

I hope to be able to post new designs on Friday.

If not, then by Monday.

It's a little like what you are describing, Suiciderider. Speed, feathers that turn into flaming lightning bolts, baleful bird faces...you know.

Pete here is an idea the US airforce has a plane called the Falcon, I bet there are some awsome patches that the fighter jocks have. Maybe there is a site dedicated to those patches the pilots have, take a little artistic liberty and borrow some inspiration from what already exists. They teach you in art school to research and explore what is already in existance when you start a new project.

KawAbuser, your USAF Falcon patch idea is a good one.

I've got a 250 page art book that's dedicated to patches of every kind and there's plenty of military ones in there, including USAF Falcon patches from various squadrons around the world.

The designs I've got to show you are pretty much cooked now, we're just refining them.

I hope you like them.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 16 September 1999).]

Dirty Pete, where are we going to see them?

I guess it won't be at Gixxer1300r's home page(just a joke everybody - don't get mad).

For the computerised embroidery machines I understand there is a $200.00 set up to convert artwork into a software application for the machinery. Pete have you experiance with this?

Hey jeffw. What I picture is a falcon flying so fast as to be blurred in flight on the tail end, and like a lot of us, when hitting that 200MPH, gritting it's teeth in a scowl like manner. I am well aware that birds do not have teeth. My suggestion was meant to relay the type of tradition that fighter planes used, be transferred over to the 'busa patch. I know that many members have seen a drawing and/or caricature of an animal with a human body and a mean grin on it's face. I don't suggest making the patch a picture of a humanoid falcon, but giving it that tougher image we would all like to see, since the face of a falcon did not seem tough enough to some.

I'll give you an URL to see them.

When I got the quotes, they didn't mention a set-up charge. But that doesn't mean they won't do it.

We'll burn that bridge when we get there.

From what I was told by my area embroidery shop, she explained that any complicated artwork has to be converted to machine code for the sewing machine to reproduce the artwork. She sends the art to the chicago area where the machines are made and in a few days she recieves the software to load the image. If you want I can get you a quote from her, I offered the same services to Chase on the shirts and she could have produced the shirts in 50 lots for $7.00(I am not makeing any comparisons to Chases final product)This woman produces a lot of work and has several computer controled sewing machines. Big dog it pays to shop with differant venders to find the optimum produce/service.

Please send the URL

KawAbuser: Another quote would be great once we settle on a design.

If a shop local to you does the job, there may be advantages for American Members (meaning most Members.) I could just e-mail the art file to your supplier. However it may make for collection and distribution headaches for you that you don't want.

Not that I want them or anything.

Definitely can't post designs today. It'll have to be Monday.

My Art Director is mired in paying work (thank God.)

Back