Hayabusa on a dirt road

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
The move starts today, into a new house we built on 6 acres. About 1 1/2 mile of dirt road to the property, some sections pretty much loose sand. Not sure how the bird is going to handle that, but I guess she has no choice.

Any experience?

The move starts today, into a new house we built on 6 acres. About 1 1/2 mile of dirt road to the property, some sections pretty much loose sand. Not sure how the bird is going to handle that, but I guess she has no choice.

Any experience?
Make sure you have good guards for the oil cooler and rad, just in case a stone decides to pay an expensive visit.

A leaf blower and a good air sprayer for your compressor will come in handy to clear the dust from underneath the fairings. Chain cleanings will become very frequent.

Gentle hands are going to be your friend-gentle on the gas and gentle on the brakes.

Oh and congrats on the new build and move..!!:beerchug:

I have ridden All my sportbikes on every 4wheeler/atv trail that they had the ground clearance for.
Alot of times they were the shortcut home.
I have pics on my laptop that I've posted here before, I can add them again later.
I've also been 130-140mph on a gravel road.
The bike floats a little at high speed on gravel, but with no sudden moves, handles fine...just have plenty of extra room to slow down. Being able to drift a dirtbike is the same as following the curves in the road on gravel, if the curves are sharp enough.
As for traction in the dirt, it obviously isn't much, but anyone who has dirtbike experience(which you do) will have no issues at.
Grip it and rip! As long as there's ground clearance and enough throttle, slick sport tires will go anywhere.

Hell in Biker Boys they raced on em :)

oprahhmmm.gif

Back