Hayabusa not going beyond 160kmph (100miles per hour)

himanshu23

Registered
Dear all,

Myself Himanshu Deora
I am from INDIA. I Owned a 2011 hayabusa. I am second onwer. In past 7 years vehicle had just covered 7500Kms. I am facing issue with bike that it is not going beyond 160km/hr. i had opened full throttle but bike is not responding at all. 0-160km/hr acceleration is fine and achieved within stipulated time.

Please help me out what would the problem cause for this failure.

Hi and welcome along to the Org. forum.:race:

Question, Do the Indian regulations require a 160kmh speed cut on motorcycles? :banghead: (or did you just forget to change into 3rd gear? lol.)

If the answer is 'no', depending on your mechanical knowledge and experience you need to either go through a series of checks OR take it to the Suzuki dealer in your local area and get them to diagnose the fault and repair it.
Let us know how you go with this.

Hi and welcome along to the Org. forum.:race:

Question, Do the Indian regulations require a 160kmh speed cut on motorcycles? :banghead: (or did you just forget to change into 3rd gear? lol.)

If the answer is 'no', depending on your mechanical knowledge and experience you need to either go through a series of checks OR take it to the Suzuki dealer in your local area and get them to diagnose the fault and repair it.
Let us know how you go with this.

Dear sir

There is no such regulation on speed india. Expertise level of technician is not so sound. leading to either resolution of problem or birth of another problem. Quality of service is not so good. Let's see will report to nearest dealership which is around 250KMS from my place.

Hi there mate , and welcome to the Org . Well sounds pretty suspect , I would also do as KiwiRider has recommended , and you have agreed so that is very good my friend . You have a good valuable bike , just on that fact alone definitely warrants an honest qualified Suzuki technician to check it out for you . Hope it ends up being only some minor problem , good luck and let us know how you go mate .
Toad

Dear all,

Myself Himanshu Deora
I am from INDIA. I Owned a 2011 hayabusa. I am second onwer. In past 7 years vehicle had just covered 7500Kms. I am facing issue with bike that it is not going beyond 160km/hr. i had opened full throttle but bike is not responding at all. 0-160km/hr acceleration is fine and achieved within stipulated time.

Please help me out what would the problem cause for this failure.

Do you mean to say it runs fine up to 100 then falls flat? If so, it would seem that it’s running out of gas but why it doesn’t do this from 0-100 is a puzzle for me. Good luck!

Do you mean to say it runs fine up to 100 then falls flat? If so, it would seem that it’s running out of gas but why it doesn’t do this from 0-100 is a puzzle for me. Good luck!

Sounds like it's not happening until a certain rpm, and that by his riding style, he's not hitting that rpm until he reaches around that particular speed(rpm vs gearing).
My money is on the fuel filter/and or pump being clogged(which can also gum injectors)

A former co worker of mine is from India and told me the gas there is crap mostly due to the lack of storage maintenance requirements for the gas stations. The lack of dealers and mechanics also contribute to poor bike maintenance for these big bikes. The vast majority of ‘motorcycles’ there are very small cc runabouts. Very very few are in the superbike class.

A former co worker of mine is from India and told me the gas there is crap mostly due to the lack of storage maintenance requirements for the gas stations. The lack of dealers and mechanics also contribute to poor bike maintenance for these big bikes. The vast majority of ‘motorcycles’ there are very small cc runabouts. Very very few are in the superbike class.
Yes, I believe you are correct in your prediction/assumption that it's a fuel delivery issue, clogged filter, worn out pump, dirty injectors or all of the above.

It's virtually impossible to diagnose a fault like this with such a poor description, lack of history, and not being able to test the bike in a real world situation.
It's a ' best guess' and that's all we can do here I'm afraid. :confused:

If you have the little manual it came with or access to a more complete one from Suzuki I would suggest starting with the simplest things you can do yourself. I would try the fuel filter first. Then spark plugs. Two fairly simple things to inspect. And if nessassary clean and regap 0 to 160 is much easier than 160 to 300 so it may be fairly simple with any luck at all. Good luck

Back