hayabusa my first bike and ripping the highway

i got it because im very big and tall.im impatient i didnt want to wait and didnt want to spend money on starter bikes.i totally agree with the logic behind it this is not a good bike to start on.but for me i am totally glad i did.i dreamed about this bike since middle school and i never thought i would own one.and it is

.....everything i imagined.i love it. part of the reason im not dead i think is because i keep telling myself its not a toy and to respect it. i dont do wheelies burn outs endos drifs nothing but ride.

bigboy, did you get that gear yet? I purchased mine the day I picked up the bike. Hayabusa Jacket, Scorpion EXO1100 Helment, and Speed and Strength Gloves and Shoes were all picked up the same day.

New 'Busa owner here as well. I rode my friends bikes ('04 R1 and couple of cruisers) but I'm a giant and I was drawn to the Hayabusa from the day it came out. I waited and waited but a month ago I bought 2012, brand new, Hayabusa; and I haven't stopped smiling since. I've ridden bikes before, but never owned. There was enough info on why a busa shouldn't be your first bike, but I have a clear head and awesome clutch control. I would hate to scratch this bike, let alone, lay her down. My MSF course is scheduled but still a 2 weeks out. I've paired up with a Hayabusa rider that I work with and we started slow and steady; a lot of parking lot work, stop and starts, figure eights and complete circles. I'm aware of the power and that's one of the reason I bought her, and I don't want to get hurt. I'm also going down to CornerSpin to really hone my skills. Couldn't picture me on any other bike though. I love it! And looking forward to some long rides this spring!

Welcome man. I disagree about getting a busa as a first bike just because of the limits of the novice/beginner operating it. I hear the same arguement, "man, i don't want to get smaller bikes just to upgrade later...etc"

Sure it sounds good on paper but in truth, its stupidity. Buying a smaller "beginner" bike is an investment in your experience level. And, your experience level is what you want to pad before jumping on one of the fastest production bikes produced. Its not that difficult to pick up a used SV, 600, or the like and gain some experience then sell it the following summer or whatever. You could potientially break even doing that as they sell for about the same price as long as you take care of it.

Anyway, you're here now at this point trying to learn to ride a fast bike slow. These guys are right on. Buy some good gear and put it on every time you get on the bike. Get as much seat time as you can during non peak hours and practice, practice and practice some more.

Good luck with it man and I don't mean to sound like, I'm lying, I do mean to sound scholding but its the truth.

Try Justin at Honda East of Toledo, he's one of our vendors. He got me a couple of helmets for a REAL good price.
I was involved in a bad crash when a woman made a U-Turn in front of me. I had helmet, leather jacket, boots, but non-leather, motorcycle gloves.
I'll never wear anything but leather gloves again. The first time the gloves touched the highway they shredded and parts became imbedded in my skin.
That turned out to be almost as painful as some of the bad injuries.

Ill post a pic of sheila today i just washed her yesterday.ordered some new tires too.i never rode it with new tires cant wait. i been working on my cornering too for all those busa haters.and it is alot of them out there.

hey guys keep the newbie stories coming too.and for anyone who has the busa as a first bike hit me up with any questions.me and my buddie are teaching my brother inlaw.he got a busa before he even took his class.but i told him not even to start it up before he got his license.that was less than three months ago now hes on the highway.me and my buddie always ride with him.im training him the same way i learn.so his first bike is a busa i congradulated him for learning on the fastest bike.before he got it he said maybe i should start on a smaller bike i encouraged him not too.i said if i could do it he could.but! my brother inlaw is extremely mature ,patient,and has self control.hes not a daredevil.none of us are no wheelies no burn out no endos period.ever.we have fun but ride like we have some sense

Keep the newbie stories coming.and anyone who has the busa as a first bike hit me up with any question.im not a pro but can tell you whats working for me

Everytime i ride im working on something.a few weeks ago i finally stretched out first gear to 80mph! i still had a grand and a half left before redline.i used to shift at 35 cause i thought the engine was straining lol.my more experience friend taught me that it was not the case.so every other week or so i would go a little further.then one day i just wanted to see when i would redline.i could have gone 85mph

Back