Hayabusa modifications for Drag racing

poison

Registered
Hi to all.
I own a repair shop for Suzuki bikes. I recently had a customer with Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R and is a Drag racer. He want to make some modifications for better performance so i need some advice from more experienced racers.
1) He has a Power Commander installed so I need a good map for 1800m (1,1185mile) drag race.
2) He has Yoshimura full exhaust and K&N air filter.
3) He want to change the front sprocket (the one at the engine not the one at the wheel) from 18 to 17 teeth.
4) He want to install the quick shifter from DynoJet.
5) The driver is 120kg (264 lbs).

So any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Welcome....

A few questions. Do you have the part number of the ECU by chance? Or do you know what spec the ECU is. European, Asia, German, and US have slightly different programming so a map from different countries of origin will have different fuel needs in regards to the power commander. Did it originally have an O2 sensor? Running flat out for those distances, he really should consider a logger to monitor the Air Fuel ratio for best results.
Has he run an 1800m pass on the bike before? If so, what was his mph? What year bike, has the speed limiter been removed? If, so how was it removed? Gearing will be dependent on some of the above.
For better flow he might want to change to a BMC or PiperCross (race versions) filter as the K&N is a bit more restrictive.
We have a few members around here that make mile runs (about 1600m). In the US we put them in the category of Land Speed Racing. Only one rider runs as a time unlike two riders side by side in Drag Racing. Some of them should respond here.

I don't have the ECU number but I have the engine number (X704114279) and I think it is with European specification. It is 2008 model and he did have a O2 sensor which is now replaced with a O2 replacement cap that was in the package with the Power Commander. He did run the 1800m pass and the speed shown on the meter of the bike was 300km/h (186,4114 mph) and as far as I know the speed limiter is not removed. The bike did rev more but the display was 300km/h.

yeah,slam it and stretch it and a little spray doesnt hurt either

side_shot.jpg

Hi to all.
I own a repair shop for Suzuki bikes. I recently had a customer with Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R and is a Drag racer. He want to make some modifications for better performance so i need some advice from more experienced racers.
1) He has a Power Commander installed so I need a good map for 1800m (1,1185mile) drag race.
2) He has Yoshimura full exhaust and K&N air filter.
3) He want to change the front sprocket (the one at the engine not the one at the wheel) from 18 to 17 teeth.
4) He want to install the quick shifter from DynoJet.
5) The driver is 120kg (264 lbs).

So any suggestions?

Thank you in advance
IF THE BIKE IS STOCK LENGHT HE MAY WANT TO STRECH IT OUT ABOUT 6-8 INCH. CHANGING THE FRONT SPOCKET IS GOOD . WITH HIS WEIGHT HE MAY WANT TO CONSIDER MOVING UP +3 IN THE REAR.JUST TO GET HIS WEIGHT MOVING OFF THE LINE.DID HE DO A AIR BOX MOD?GAIN HP THERE!IF HE HAS NO MOTOR WORK OR A DRY SHOT A BASE MAP WOULD WORK FINE.DID HE LOWER THE BIKE ANY?

An 08 changes it a bit. I'm pretty sure there are some differences in the ECU. I'm betting you need to dyno it to get it closer to being right. Getting the bike lower will help "try: to control wheelies on launch and cut through the air better on top. Adding 1-2 inches to the swingarm would help as well.

Running that distance, I think stock gearing should be pretty close. Going to a 17 tooth sprocket will drop top speed mph by about 10mph/17kmh. I'm guessing the speed to be a bit off due to speedometer error by about 5-6%. Modding the Gear Posistion Sensor should bring the rev limit up.

If it was mine, I'd still want to data log the run so I knew what rpm I was finishing at and the A/F for tuning. A 18/44 might be closer gearing.

Brocks bike went over 200mph in a mile but you have a bigger rider.

DID HE DO A AIR BOX MOD?GAIN HP THERE!IF HE HAS NO MOTOR WORK OR A DRY SHOT A BASE MAP  WOULD WORK FINE.DID HE LOWER THE BIKE ANY?
No no air box mod. Can you direct me where to read about that? We still haven't done any lowering or stretching so we might do that. Also can you direct me on how to do the Gear Position Sensor mod?
Thank you in advance

DID HE DO A AIR BOX MOD?GAIN HP THERE!IF HE HAS NO MOTOR WORK OR A DRY SHOT A BASE MAP  WOULD WORK FINE.DID HE LOWER THE BIKE ANY?
No no air box mod. Can you direct me where to read about that? We still haven't done any lowering or stretching so we might do that. Also can you direct me on how to do the Gear Position Sensor mod?
Thank you in advance
The airbox mod is actually for the 99-07 models. I don't know of one for the 08 anyhow.

The GPS mod tricks the ECU into thinking it is still in 5th gear when it is in 6th.

One of our sponsors mods the stock unit for $40. In your case you may want to buy a new one to modify for time reasons. http://boostbysmith.com/pb....0070775

Downside is the gear indicator will not show 6th gear. I think it is the most effective way of getting past the limiter on an 08 at this time. Installation requires removal of the clutch basket.

Here is a thread on it. https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=77;t=84738

how much $$ is in his budget,it can start to add up quick
Ah the biggest problem for the people in my country. The money. This customer I think is ready to spend up to 1500 USD for adjustments and mods. More than that........ maybe but hardly.
1500 is pretty good depending on how serious he is/gets...Id go with lowering it first,dogbones and get some straps for the front and put a dry shot on there...stretching isnt an absolute nesacesaty if he can control the throttle...and you probably still have some left over for an airshifter and PC3

Back