Hayabusa manual

Does eveyone read this and just ignore it? Just wondering because there have been 4 people post on here in the last week saying they can't get to the manual and no one ever responds to say its not there anymore, or if we are just a bunch of morons and cant pull up an FTP site. I realize that most of you are just like the 4 that posted here and dont have a clue either, but doesnt someone monitor this board? :whip:

I tell ya what, I have hosted this site for almost 2 years and havent received a dime from you or anyone else. Yeah I look at the board and I prioritize the request from everyone. I guess it just sucks that I am the only place that has been hosting the manual and that many of you cant get in. I see that many of you NEVER post on the board or sumbit any kind of content but you are the first to bitch when you can't get something that you want. I have had the manual up for over 3 months with over 1000 downloads at 180 meg, you do the math and tell me what the total bandwidth that has been used for this project. I closed the access because it eats bandwidth and I am tired, really tired of being the access point for people to get what they want, this is not Burger King -- you dont always get it your way. I would suggest that instead of sending me emails bitching about the access and posting on the board that no one ever checks the post that you gentlemen you know who you are begin replying to other members needs and not just getting what you want from this site. If you have some dilusion that there is a huge team of techs here and that we all get paid to provide a service to you then you are sadly mistaken. Narcissus volunteers what time he can to help moderate the board and make this place better, Maximum 71 can't even afford a bike, he helps me because we are friends, and as for me this site does nothing but cause me grief, take away time from my family and cost me money every day. So I suggest that maybe one of you that have been sending me emails and complaining on the board go and get a T1 some servers, a domain name and host the manual at your house for awhile. Until then get off my ass!!

angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

angry.gif

angry.gif

angry.gif

Captain,
I'm sure the guys did'nt mean to take advantage, they probably did'nt even think about the effort in running the site. I did'nt.
Just go easy on that bike for the next few hours.
Be safe
Sickly

What the heck. Captian are you having a real bad day.

I guess we are all scumbags for wanting what you already have. You make it sound like you have to write the manual out by hand for us to have it.

This is a great site but your response seems a little non-linear. Perhaps one of the computer experts on here could write a program to run most aspects of this site so you don't have to do it all by turning knobs and adjusting screws every second of every day.

Hey, I help out anyone that I can on this site and most of us (yes even new members) get a little annoyed when someone repeatedly ignores our emails. A post that you were too busy to respond, after days and days of not responding to our posts, would have been nice (and thoughtful).

Why not take the time you spent on your angry post and just turn the ftp back on.

I guess I will get toasted for this response. Obviously there must be much more to turning the ftp on than I realize.

Seriously, is there anything others of us can do to lighten your load?
biggrin.gif
Man I hope you start feeling better.

Wow, what the heck was that all about. All that had to be said was it was not available anymore. No big deal, I was just saying that several people said they tried and couldnt get to it and were inquiring with no responce. I, as I have said before, help a friend of mine with a website that is in the top 50 nascar sites on the web, so I know what goes into it. I did not say, nor did I mean to imply, that I do not appreciate and respect the time and commitment that it takes to run such a site. I know this first hand. And as for you saying that you are tired of getting emails of people bitching about not getting there way, what the heck are you talking about? I have sent you no email bitching about anything, nor would I ever do such a thing. Did you read my post? Where in it do you see bitching? Im sorry, I read it again and I still missed it. The quote " I closed the access because it eats bandwidth and I am tired, really tired of being the access point for people to get what they want, this is not Burger King -- you dont always get it your way. " really confuses me. I dont understand that, I help with my friends site where people will be able to get what they want, thats why I do it. If there is nothing at a site that people want, noboby comes. And I am sorry if you some how derived some negitive feeling from my post, but there was none, all of us just simply wanted to know if it was still there. Simple Yes or No would have suficed.

I hosted the manual on my site for a while, and believe me, it eats bandwidth in a hurry. 2 days was all it took to hit 4GB transferred when I posted it. So, I removed all public links and asked people to email me for the new link, which worked for a while. About a month later, I got an email from my host saying that I was about to exceed my 8GB monthly limit. Apparently, the 10 or so people I had emailed earlier proliferated into over 800 download attempts (it only takes 45 full downloads to eat 8GB). That was about the time I sent the manual for Captain to host, since I could no longer host it.

Believe me, these boards have a LOT of lurkers and this file just happens to be a very large one that EVERYONE wants. It just isn't possible to host it for any length of time. Just when you think everyone has downloaded it, another hundred start getting it.
nervous.gif

I know plenty of you already have the manual, so here's the deal. I suggest using a peer-to-peer program to help out the rest of the people that need it. If any of you want to volunteer, post here with the program you are using. Cable users will be able to upload at around 15 k/s, some DSL users at faster rates, which is about 2.5-3 hours. About 12-14 hours for any unlucky dial-up'ers. Here are some programs I suggest:

Win MX (one of the best networks and always has been spyware/ad free... new version, too)
Kazaa Lite - (Spyware/ad free version)

Also, instant messenger and chat programs, like ICQ, IM, allow file transfers.

Finally, if you want a hardcopy (to be legitimate like the rest of us
biggrin.gif
), email cholocholo41@hotmail.com. He has them $30 shipped and should include the 2000-2002 supplements that the online version does not have.

thumbs-up.gif

Oh, and in case any of you are slack-jawed at the term 'Spyware', go here for info and free cleaning software.
wink.gif

Ad-aware

Hello all...
been trying (like many people I'm sure) to get the PDF manual, but with no success. Narcissus has a great idea in using Kazaa. I use it all the time for e-books, music, movies, software, etc. I subscribe to broadband and leave Kazaa on and file transfer all day while I am at work. If I could get a copy of the manual, (probably easier said than done) I have no problem donating my bandwith via kazaa so the rest of us can get copies. Go to www.kazaa.com   It's a free download and there are no limits. Unlike Narcissus' webhosting service  
smile.gif

Unfortunately, I need the PDF file to get the ball rolling. For the record, if there are other bandwidth intensive downloads that everyone wants, I'll share out those with Kazaa as well.
Take Care All....
Delta Green

Thanks Narc, if I can get it from someone I have about 3 different places I can put it for download. I can put it up on a FTP on my friends T-1 server but that would be a last resort if the other sites I had got eat up. I have 1 old one that is not being used except for downloading some nascar tracks for the Nascar Racing games. I should be able to put it there, and not create any problem. I will be glad to help out.

OK guys, after a few hours and more beers than that I need to apologize to a few of you that I mistakenly jumped on. So (humbley) win43win man I meant nothing to you, I see your post and I do see you interacting with the others I apologize. Pughchrism I did not mean to directly appear to be picking you out of the crowd, you too post here and I apologize to you as well. You guys only saw one side of the coin, if you only new how many crappy emails that I get repeatedly from people that want to know why I am not providing a better service to them...... I forget how this board started and I try to make everyone happy, then about every 3 months I snap and begin questioning myself why I do this. Sometimes I type and post and do not re-think what I am typing before I post it. So guys I am sorry to you for anything that my temper might have implied.... For those that send me the shitty emails you can still bite me !!!!!!

LOL. No problem capt, I completely understand. It happens to all of us from time to time. You have a great site here and do a great job. That is why so many people come here.

Verizon Mike you are another one that I need to make sure I didnt offend, man you have been around since the beginning and I still have the pics of you in your purple leathers, baaawawawwawaaaaaahaahahha Anyway, hope that things are cool. The ones I speak of know who they are......

aktion035.gif
aktion035.gif
:whip: no problem. I would be upset if were pu**y and let everbody walk all over you and then rode a busa. Ther is nothing wrong putting people in there place once in a while.But hey kwityerbitchn
ernaehrung004.gif

aktion035.gif

Are those 2000-2002 supplements availabe somewhere in electrical format (PDF-version would be nice)?

Hey cap I have a DSL connection hat is fairly fast nothing great I am a computer tech for the Federal Govt I have a windows 2000 advanced server and I am working on same web apps and my own email server maybe we could hook up and work on a link and a way to donload from my server one or two days a week I am willing to pitch in and do some to help let me know anything I can do I also have my own small business R&S Computer Consultants if you need any parts I have around let me know or anything you want at cost you can probably get it on the web cheap but my vendor is in Mass and they will drop ship they are reputable and stand behind there stuff . Anyway Iam going to try to download that manual good luck Oh and by the way when you feel like you did the other day put an under construction sign up and add gone for a ride tired of computers hehehehehe

Thanks for the offer, dont be suprised if I call you up on it. Do you have a static IP? and IIS running?

Back