Hayabusa legend

Just a typical day, I come out of a convenience store and start putting on my gear, and there is a guy sitting on a chromed-out full dress Harley Softtail about 10 feet away. A good ol' boy comes out of the store, walks by the Harley and starts asking me questions about the Busa. I answer the usual ones, he goes on and gets in his car without a second glance at the Harley.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
bowdown.gif

Please keep in mind, a great bike is a great bike. Anyone owning a modern sportbike is a like-minded individual to us all in some ways. Some may be asshats just as some Busa owners are.
Bashing ANY other hyperbike is just childish and shows insecurity on the part of the owner.
We just finished our Meet-n-Greet this weekend and had an R1, a Blackbird, and a Gixxer 750 among others. There is not one of them I wouldn't enjoy riding with again, great people all and you shouldn't even judge by appearances, one of them looked scary enough to scare any father whose daughter brought him home but was a really great guy as well! Nothing but respect to them all.

Bash the occasional asshat you meet, but not the ride. It's not the bike's fault there is not a personality test you have to pass to buy one!! Besides Darwinism works.
bluegrab.gif
biggrin.gif

My buddy Andy on his vrod and I were riding a couple weeks ago and stopped at a convenience store in Milton, FL. A guy about 50 yrs old came up and did a double take as he walked by. He pointed at my bike and said, "that looks like a...hey that's a busa!" We chatted for a while and he mentioned, "you just don't see those things around here." Then he went in the store without even looking at the Harley, to which Andy replied...
eatme.gif
Yeah, I busted his balzz.

I was at Oceancity Maryland Bike week and everytime I parked my bike I had a half dozen people asking question or just saying "Beautifull Bike" and "looks fast just sitting there". Hayabusa is the KING OF ALL KINGS Sportsbike!!
race.gif

MY_NEW_BIKE_002.jpgsmall.jpg

I frequent local poker runs and I am usually the only "sportbike" in the run of 100+ metrics and harleys. I find it funny how many people will come and look at my mostly stock Busa and ask about it, sit on it, take pictures of it, when it is surrounded by custom paint and chrome laiden machines that cost 2,3, and 4 times what my bike cost. That truly shows the legendary status of the Hayabusa.

Back