Hayabusa Kanji

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
I can't find the recent thread in which we were discussing this. Kerbie said that the Kanji meant Falcon, and I had heard that it meant Strong and Fast, and that the word Hayabusa is what means Falcon. Did we resolve this? Anyone know where that thread is?

Thinker

It was the tat thread..

Based on many sources I have ascertained the following historical information about the Hayabusa. The name as you may have not heard comes from the Japanese Peregrine falcon. It is one of the few animals which can travel at about 300km per hour (in a dive). The designer apparently came up with the name whilst walking along the beach and seeing this bird. The colour scheme of gold/bronze and silver are similar to those of the falcon its self.
Believe of not - it is said that this falcon often hunts actual Blackbirds which I still think is a PR stunt !

It was the tat thread..  

Based on many sources I have ascertained the following historical information about the Hayabusa.  The name as you may have not heard comes from the Japanese Peregrine falcon.  It is one of the few animals which can travel at about 300km per hour (in a dive).  The designer apparently came up with the name whilst walking along the beach and seeing this bird.   The colour scheme of gold/bronze and silver are similar to those of the falcon its self.  
Believe of not - it is said that this falcon often hunts actual Blackbirds which I still think is a PR stunt !
Yeah Cache this is also what I thought. It is an exact quote from at least 2 other web sites. Unfortunately, those sites are just individuals with Busas, just like you and me...so if someoneelse has information, I would like to hear it.

Thanks again

It was the tat thread..  

Based on many sources I have ascertained the following historical information about the Hayabusa.  The name as you may have not heard comes from the Japanese Peregrine falcon.  It is one of the few animals which can travel at about 300km per hour (in a dive).  The designer apparently came up with the name whilst walking along the beach and seeing this bird.   The colour scheme of gold/bronze and silver are similar to those of the falcon its self.  

Yep
falconOne.gif

I believe cache is correct the Hayabusa among other things is a falcon a WWII fighter plane and a train but I think these where probably named after the falcon . It is my understanding that the Kanji does in fact mean Fast and Strong . But I have been wrong before (once) LOL

the symbol has a meaning approximating to strong and fast.
Cache, what did you mean by this statement..."Thinker, Kerb,... the hayabusa kanji stands for the japanese falcon(forget the name) and it is the fastest most aerodynamic animal in Japan! that is the Hayabusa. 'nuff said."

This seems to contradict what you just wrote. I believe what you wrote in the attached quote is actually correct...just want to make sure.

Thinker

the symbol has a meaning approximating to strong and fast.
Cache, what did you mean by this statement..."Thinker, Kerb,... the hayabusa kanji stands for the japanese falcon(forget the name) and it is the fastest most aerodynamic animal in Japan! that is the Hayabusa. 'nuff said."

This seems to contradict what you just wrote. I believe what you wrote in the attached quote is actually correct...just want to make sure.

Thinker
You learn something new everyday... I did learn this today:
Hayabusa is the Japanese name for the falcon,
The Kanji means strong and fast.

Without getting a Japanese Professor involved, we can only guess at what we think is correct.

Thinker, while we are all working soooooo hard (
sarcasm.gif
) , did you ever find the kanji for Organization?
smile.gif

You learn something new everyday... I did learn this today:
Hayabusa is the Japanese name for the falcon,
The Kanji means strong and fast.

Without getting a Japanese Professor involved, we can only guess at what we think is correct.

Thinker, while we are all working soooooo hard (
sarcasm.gif
) , did you ever find the kanji for Organization?  
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]
Agreed, and we will count Kerbie in since he hasn't responded. I will check for Organization now.

It has been my understanding that Kanji may have several different meanings. It depends upon what other Kanji it is used with. So it may mean all of the mentioned things plus more.

Later,

Steve

It was the tat thread..  

Let me just add a little something to our education.  Everything so far is correct.  I also saw a documentary on the Peregrine falcon on the Animals Channel a couple of months ago.  Didn't post anything cause I didn't know if anyone was really and truly interested.  But here goes.

The Peregrine Falcon is used by the military to chase away pigeons and other birds that feed and flock at the end or near runways for airplanes.  Since a flock of pigeons (or any other bird for that matter) can stall an airplane's engine, the peregrines are released to scatter the birds and also have it's meal.  The speeds at which this bird swoops and captures its prey is truly remarkable.  The military actually raises peregrines for this task.  It was truly a great documentary.

Now everyone here knows how I like to bullsh^t a lot, but this is real stuff.  And ya'll thought I wasn't paying attention.  Shame on ya'll...

Brian

P.S.  Hope this is of importance to someone.

Fly fast, fly swift, fly strong and nothing can catch you.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Something like that anyway.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I did some research on the subject a couple of hours anyway what I found was that there are many different meanings to alot of Kanji the one on the link Kerb sent looks like the one on the bike . When I went to several different english Japanese Kanji dictionarys they do not have the same Kanji for Hayabusa so now what
rock.gif
I sent an email to Jim Breen he seems to be an athority on the subject and I hope he sends me back something concrete I can post I will let you know

Let me preface this by saying that I am not Chinese or Japanese. I am however Korean if that counts for anything.

Kanji are Japanese character based on Chinese characters and are for the most part ideographic. It's often the case that characters that are verbs or adverbs are used in place of nouns when no kanji for that noun exists. For example in describing bleu cheese, for which no kanji exists, they might used the kanji for cheese followed by the kanji for smelly/offensive odor.

Back