Hayabusa jerky and dies

New_busaowner

Registered
I have a 07 hayabusa today i went for a quick cruise all of sudden my bike has jerky and would randomly die. The fuel pump primes no error codes has anyone had this issue?

The title threw me off, I was thinking about jerky..I've made and eaten jerky made out of many things but never a Hayabusa...yet!

Could be fuelling-maybe a partially clogged fuel filter...

Does it rev ok and have good throttle response on the road?

Any pressure when you open the gas cap?

Reactions: kml
The title threw me off, I was thinking about jerky..I've made and eaten jerky made out of many things but never a Hayabusa...yet!

Could be fuelling-maybe a partially clogged fuel filter...

Does it rev ok and have good throttle response on the road?

Any pressure when you open the gas cap?
No pressure when open the gas cap and now the bike wont start

No pressure when open the gas cap and now the bike wont start

I have a gen 2 but diagnostics are pretty similar.

Can you hear the pump prime? I'm suspecting it's the pump or at least a plugged filter. I'm saying that because it ran ok (other than your description of jerky then shutting off) before. You will need to check your fuel pressure.

When were the plugs changed last?

I was asking about the gas cap as sometimes the vent can get partially blocked causing the fuel system to pressurize and shut down the bike.

I have a gen 2 but diagnostics are pretty similar.

Can you hear the pump prime? I'm suspecting it's the pump or at least a plugged filter. I'm saying that because it ran ok (other than your description of jerky then shutting off) before. You will need to check your fuel pressure.

When were the plugs changed last?

I was asking about the gas cap as sometimes the vent can get partially blocked causing the fuel system to pressurize and shut down the bike.
Yea I can hear the fuel pump prime but its sounds strange I just bought the bike I will change spark plugs now

Back