Hayabusa is really a Katana on \'roids!!

OB_Hayaboosa

Registered
I believe that the Hayabusa is not a GSXR, but really a Katana! Not that I care in the least, because it's still the baddest mother@#$#$@ on the road!!! Everything points to a Katana.

1. The shape of the gas tank?
2. The dash style gauges.(rather than on the tripleclamp.
3. The footpeg positions
4. The dressy cover on top of the clamp.

Anybody else notice these things??

The serial number is a Katana number. The bike is sold as a Katana. This is a plus for
insurance. Just another sport tourer, like the ST-4 Ducati, VFR, or Blackbird XXX. Josie?
Yea Right. Think i'll take the Bus'. Hayabusa Baby!

ducmanic
Los Angeles

Well I will have to correct you both on this one.The Hayabusa is a Katana on steroids but only on the outside.The motor,chassis and swingarm are all GSXR 750 derived.I think Suzuki did this for insurance purposes.

I think most of us are greatful for any help Suzuki gave us when it comes to insurance but I've noticed more than one motorcycle publication state that IF Suzuki had called the Hayabusa a GSXR-1300 (like the GSXR-750) they (the motorcyle publications) would NOT have disputed the title. Pretty good compliments for the Hayabusa's track manners and very un-Katana like in that aspect. External similarities may be another matter?

The engines for the Katana came from the GSXRs. They've used the same air/oil cooled motors from the late 80's GSXRs all 11 years they've been around. This bike was just too much of a jump to use the old Katana 1100(1300) moniker. I also think Suzuki may be using Honda's strategy with their 600s by making the Hayabusa very capable as either a street or race bike.

Back