hayabusa is not working

samizx7

Registered
Hey guys, I hope this is the last time I post about my bike not starting. The bike worked great a week ago, started right away. After checking the bike i found the stator cover is cracked I bought one from busaman, and I replaced it.
The Questions
1 is all stator cover the same (I have a 1999) because i had a hard time installing the sensor (the whole did not line up)
2 what is the sensor inside the cover. is it(CKP) camshaft position sensor?
3- The bike worked before, so is it possibly i damaged the sensor??
4 how can I check that it is the sensor.

What is the bike is doing
The pull the clutch, put the kick stand up, fire up. the stator motor turn on and then the engine does not crank. The power cuts up and the bike turn of, and then starter over again (the gauges turn off and turn on again)

<!--EDIT|samizx7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132272594 -->

do you think that maybe the sensor or something is telling your bike there is no oil? maybe shutting off to protect itself?

Make sure you mounted the sensor inside the stator housing correctly. I'm almost willing to bet that's your problem.

You need to do some proof reading and be a little more descriptive.

the stator motor turn on and then the engine does not crank.[/QUOTE]

This is really vague. Does the engine turn over a few times and quit? Does the starter humm like it's jammed? Does the starter just spin freely without engaging and turning the engine over?

The power cuts up and the bike turn of, and then starter over again (the gauges turn off and turn on again)[/QUOTE]

My head hurts on this one..."power cuts up"?

Are you trying to say the power turns off when you hit the starter button? If so are you sure you don't just have a discharged battery?

What originally cracked the stator cover? Did the starter turn the engine over normally before you put the new stator cover on? Is it possible you jammed something up in there and now can't turn the engine over? Try putting the bike in 6th gear and see if you can push it, if the back tire is locked up then you locked up something in the engine.

Does the starter humm like it's jammed? yes
i did not do anything to the bike. since i started last time. i had a very hard time installing the sensor back to the new cover, i might have damaged it, i tried to read the resistanc but i am not getting a reading. i bought a new stator, i hope i did not jam anything in the engine.

Are you trying to say the power turns off when you hit the starter button? yes
If so are you sure you don't just have a discharged battery? no i recharged the battery and it is brane new.

Make sure you mounted the sensor inside the stator housing correctly. I'm almost willing to bet that's your problem
i was positive it might be the problem. but i check the manual and i did it the same way. the wires went under the sensor and the sensor is facing the stator if this is not correct please any one knows how to post it

anyone knows if a stator from 2004 would fit on a 1999 i already bought one, just want to make sure. thanks

You put something back together wrong. Whatever you do, don't keep trying to start it until you figure it out or else you'll end up with a destroyed starter or starter clutch $$$$.

The stator itself is nothing but coil windings and isn't the cause of your problem unless it took a hard blow and bent when the bike hit the ground. If the stator goes bad, your charging system simply doesn't work.

Pull the stator cover back off and look for anything obvious. If you could post some pictures on how you have things back in place, that would help a lot.

Are we talking STARTER cover or STATOR cover? Is it a small one or the big one on the side?

You put something back together wrong.  Whatever you do, don't keep trying to start it until you figure it out or else you'll end up with a destroyed starter or starter clutch $$$$.

The stator itself is nothing but coil windings and isn't the cause of your problem unless it took a hard blow and bent when the bike hit the ground.  If the stator goes bad, your charging system simply doesn't work.

Pull the stator cover back off and look for anything obvious.  If you could post some pictures on how you have things back in place, that would help a lot.
i will post pictures today,i am not going to stater the bike anymore, i took the whole thing off. thanks

the cover is the same.. but the stator/rotor from a `04 will NOT work on a `99.

sounds to me like you got something on there crooked and not allowing the crank to turn.

would the bike stater without the stator cover back in

<!--EDIT|samizx7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132421261 -->

yes it should turn over without the cover in place but it wont start

<!--EDIT|bigjohn141
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132421854 -->

the bike is doing that, it trying to start the engine spin and then it stop, and then it turn off . is that a good or bad?? i spent an houre reading the manual. they said it must be a sensor,(one listed is the crankshaft position sensor) i iwll post pictures

<!--EDIT|samizx7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132426105 -->

Back