Hayabusa insurance = wtf?

Bluesun

Registered
Wtf am I doing wrong here? I'm all geared up to sell my 929 and buy a hayabusa. My current insurance is about $30 a month. Then I get hit with this quote from Progressive and a similar one from Geico. They want >$200 a month to insure a bike that is only worth like $10k? In what universe does that make sense. Who in the hell would pay that!? I'm almost 30 years old and have a squeaky clean record and good credit. What the hell?

I drive a semi expensive car, and even that is only $70 a month for very good full coverage...
Gij2zjM.png

Go check out State Farm... there is a recent thread about this too..

When I first posted this it got filtered by mods, so I made the same thread over at sh.org. Everyone seems to suggest State Farm, so I'm really hoping they will be able to help me here. I'm pretty agitated about it, honestly. Ridiculous :banghead:

Geico quote with the bare minimum and $1000 deductible. $141 a month, $1633 a year. :bah: What in the !@#$ !@#$.

UGIhHmn.png

As has been said MANY times before and will be MANY times again: State Farm. :)

My situation was very similar to yours and I got similar quotes to yours and I had a similar reaction to yours. Until I checkd out State Farm. :)

Best of luck!

How is your credit? How long have you had your MC endorsement? It will effect your rate.

Try SF and see what kind of deal they can cut you for the car and bike. Good luck!

How is your credit? How long have you had your MC endorsement? It will effect your rate.

Try SF and see what kind of deal they can cut you for the car and bike. Good luck!

I've had my MC endorsement for about 12 years now. My credit is in the 740s at the moment. Not amazing, but certainly not bad.

EDIT: Just checked my credit -- lower than I thought but still not bad

i'm paying nearly $300 a month for full coverage here in Germany. No accidents i was at fault for, clean record, great credit, and nearly 30 myself. I go through USAA and i have some crazy 7.5M Euro coverage or some crap like that

I was with SF for years, but recently they hiked up their rates for my area of the US. There are a lot of factors that go into the rate you are charged for insurance. Now, I am with Progressive and pay $350 every 6 months for full coverage which is half of what SF jumped their rates to.

Bottom line is shop around, don't just ask 2 different companies. You have to be a bargain shopper.

Some mad quotes for sure..........not sure what is meant by 'deductibles' but thats where the high premium cost is....one of the quotes above showed that you basically paid 75% of the deductible....seems weird you pay for it up front.
We have a thing called 'excess' which you pay in the event of a claim of any kind and its determined by the bike category...mines £500...if i don't claim its nothing to worry about.
In the UK they generally hit us a bit harder for bikes over £10k.....my 12' model was valued at £9.5k and cost £287 FC for a yr....changed to the 13'LE and it added another £100.

The deductible is what you have to pay out of pocket before the insurance will start paying a claim. With a $1000 deductible, the insurance will pay for the amount of damage, less $1000. You are still liable for paying the first $1000.

I've had my MC endorsement for about 12 years now. My credit is in the 740s at the moment. Not amazing, but certainly not bad.

EDIT: Just checked my credit -- lower than I thought but still not bad

It's good! You are just going to have to shop around. The 2 giants are charging you for the salaries of the gecko and Flo...
:whistle:

Start shopping.

Back