Hayabusa insurance = wtf?

Bluesun

Registered
Wtf am I doing wrong here? I'm all geared up to sell my 929 and buy a hayabusa. My current insurance is about $30 a month. Then I get hit with this quote from Progressive and a similar one from Geico. They want >$200 a month to insure a bike that is only worth like $10k? In what universe does that make sense. Who in the hell would pay that!? I'm almost 30 years old and have a squeaky clean record and good credit. What the hell?

I drive a semi expensive car, and even that is only $70 a month for very good full coverage...
Gij2zjM.png

call State Farm. They are the only one that doesn't care what you ride. They only want to know how much it will cost to replace it if need be.

I have geico with full coverage on mine. I'm 31 and its 500 for the year but I have state minimums.

I was paying 975 a year when I first got mine. I was 50 at the time. The next year I went to State Farm and it went down to 225 a year. Of course I had to put all of my cars with them to get that rate but it was well worth it. I know its a big age difference but its worth looking into. Best of luck

Let me know when you find out, it's all total BS.
I'm 36, no tickets in over 10 years, class A CDL, motorcycle license for 14 years, good credit...what else does it take?
My 08 Busa was $94 a month, and Geico was the cheapest. State Farm is what everyone says, yet it doesn't apply to everyone, who knows why.
In 02 I had a new gsxr1000, I was 25.
My friend had a new ZX9, he was 21.
Statefarm for him....$29 a month, full coverage!!!! I wouldn't have belived it had I not seen the policy.
Their quote for me...$6500 a year. Yeah, WTF?!
To date, Statefarm isn't much better for me.
I now have an 08 B-King, $45 a month full coverage, through Progressive.
It seems to me that Insurance companies roll the dice and decide how bad they want to screw you over.
Good luck with it.

Bluesun - off topic, confused about the 'kanji' you have on your avatar... What language is that? Sun 日 makes sense obviously but the first Kanji I have never seen. I've actually never seen that middle, right radical.

Sixpack you are still getting raked over the coals. I have full coverage for the same price as your state minimums, I am guessing it is liability and under-insured motorists.

I have met life. According to their risk calculator I was uninsurable due to the fact I was under 35 with a displacement over 1200 cc's. Here in idaho they still hold it against you until you are 35 .

Sixpack you are still getting raked over the coals. I have full coverage for the same price as your state minimums, I am guessing it is liability and under-insured motorists.

I have met life. According to their risk calculator I was uninsurable due to the fact I was under 35 with a displacement over 1200 cc's. Here in idaho they still hold it against you until you are 35 .

I know I am, but I give up.
I don't know who or where else to call.
I have no clue why I always get raped by insurance companies.
In 21 years of driving I've filed 2 claims, both for hitting deer and both around 15 years ago.
Makes no sense to me.
I HATE insurance companies!:banghead:

Try State Farm..

I pay $90 a month for higher limit full coverage, $500 deductible, bike is brand new '13, and I'm only 27 with a clean record as well

I also switched to State Farm from Gecko. When I went to State Farm I had not made a claim in over 15 years. I have no tickets and excellent credit. Something has now snakebit me. I dropped my Busa in the garage 5 weeks after switching to them. Had to fight a little bit to get the valuation battle won for the repairs but they came around. A year later I had a 10 MPH go down when I hit an oil spill in front of me. Again they fought a bit but my bike was made like new. No raise in rates. Now 3 months ago, my truck at work, with me not even in it, got damaged by a tornado we had. They paid out but warned me.

I just bought a new Toyota Avalon. It is running me $1200 a year! More than all my other vehicles combined!! I know its about dollars and cents. They have paid out a LOT more than they have taken in with me. I know its a business......but damn.

They nicely said I may want to shop around now. Kinda sucks because my rates were GREAT compared to everyone else going into this.

It's not just the motorcycle and age that determines the rates.
If you have multiple cars, homeowners, etc., you get much more favorable rates.

My 'busa is ~$600/yr full coverage with the above conditions through Farm Bureau Ins. He advised without those conditions, I would be paying thousands due to the amount of risk they take insuring bikes.

Just my experience.

Back