Hayabusa inline Six

The tech needed here is WOW. getting cylinders to line up,a home made crank to fit that,getting injectors,plugs,valves,etc all timed right.All the oil and coolant passages,fabbin' covers,oil pan. Cam shafts...I could go on for an' hour. Can hardly wait for the youtube fire-up.
Rubb.

Thanks, Yes, I have a airport 2 mils from me :beerchug:
OK we will book a flight and all come to your place. How does tomorrow sound? About 2:30 AM Norway time. :D

So we have a new 6 cylinder engine, air cooled only. Won't that make a lot of heat even at higher speed?
Why did you abandon the 6 cylinder Hayabusa engine you built? I saw the video of the test run. Was there a problem?

Hi, a little update, block, crankshaft and cylinder is complete. Next will be cylinder head, is little difficult but I will fix it
IMG_3161.JPG
IMG_2963.JPG

I'd pay to watch you work. The work involved to make that case and crank...wow. Can hardly wait to see the cams etc...see all of it get timed etc.
Are you building your own ECU from scratch?
The logistics are mind blowing to me. Oiling,cooling,fueling....
Edge of my seat...:popcorn:
Rubb.

I will post more pics when Head is finished, cams will come after head is done. I will use Ignitech Ecu for ignition.

Nja, some work is it, but I think crankshaft and cylinder head is the most difficult :beerchug:

How did you decide firing order? To have an inline 4 balanced cyl's 1 and 4 are at TDC,360 of rotation 2 and 3 are at TDC. Its stays balanced that way. I dont understand how this motor wont vibrate. Wont 3 of the 6 cylinders have to fire,then the other 3? Will it be 1,3,5 then 2,4,6? Wont that be hard on the crank? Will you have the crank heavily weighted to try and compensate for this? My other concern would be the cam chain. Is it going to be overloaded as it tries to spin 2 long cams actuating 24 valves? Is your build using the Busa stock bore and stroke? If so you'll have 2,010 CC's.
There's is so much in this build its hard for me to wrap my head around it. I mean its easy enough to make the cams spin 720 for every 360 of the crank,but how are you going to engineer the timing for all those valves. I understand it all just math,but its math that doesn't add up for me. For example cyl's 1,3,5 will have all the valves closed for compression will 2 of the 3 cylinders in the 2,4,6 order be on intake or exhaust stroke? or will all 3 be on the same stroke?
If you have all this figured out,its an' engineering marvel. The starter motor will have to be huge to spin all that rotating mass. It will be interesting to see the dyno numbers. I'm more interested to see how much torque it has. Huge clutch pack will be needed,dont know what you'll do about final drive. The rear sprocket will have to be off set from the wheel in order for the wheel to be centered in the frame or else the rear wheel will have to look like the wheel on Fred Flinstones car.
Entertaining my friend...that is for sure.
Rubb.

How did you decide firing order? To have an inline 4 balanced cyl's 1 and 4 are at TDC,360 of rotation 2 and 3 are at TDC. Its stays balanced that way. I dont understand how this motor wont vibrate. Wont 3 of the 6 cylinders have to fire,then the other 3? Will it be 1,3,5 then 2,4,6? Wont that be hard on the crank? Will you have the crank heavily weighted to try and compensate for this? My other concern would be the cam chain. Is it going to be overloaded as it tries to spin 2 long cams actuating 24 valves? Is your build using the Busa stock bore and stroke? If so you'll have 2,010 CC's.
There's is so much in this build its hard for me to wrap my head around it. I mean its easy enough to make the cams spin 720 for every 360 of the crank,but how are you going to engineer the timing for all those valves. I understand it all just math,but its math that doesn't add up for me. For example cyl's 1,3,5 will have all the valves closed for compression will 2 of the 3 cylinders in the 2,4,6 order be on intake or exhaust stroke? or will all 3 be on the same stroke?
If you have all this figured out,its an' engineering marvel. The starter motor will have to be huge to spin all that rotating mass. It will be interesting to see the dyno numbers. I'm more interested to see how much torque it has. Huge clutch pack will be needed,dont know what you'll do about final drive. The rear sprocket will have to be off set from the wheel in order for the wheel to be centered in the frame or else the rear wheel will have to look like the wheel on Fred Flinstones car.
Entertaining my friend...that is for sure.
Rubb.
You think to much ;)
Crankshaft is build like a ordinary inline six. Is 120 degrees between every rod tap. Is like two 3 cyl engines but in one nothing more.
Yes firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4
Camshaft will have 60 degree between every camlobe. I have begin to work at it.
Camchain is no probelm, when one lobe is at the beginning at one lobe then a another lobe is at the beginning to go of the lobe, the forces will go in zero finally.

Yes with 50% more CC and alot of compression stater engine will not like that, but I will start it with 24v, then it will be 100% stronger than stock starter with 12v :)

This engine has engine mounts is stock place, front sprocket will be at the same place has a stock engine :)

Back