Hayabusa high miles

MentalSuicide

Registered
Hello all, i'm new here,

Looking for some info on the hayabusa's engine.
I am looking at a 2000 with about 23k miles on it, Since it's a busa i am going to be fiar and say it has been raced alot.
If i do purchase this bike will i be going into a bad deal were i'm going to be replacing parts from the get go? Or is it the busa has a well built engine that will hold up I'll be putting about 3-4k miles a season

Welcome to the board
cool.gif

Get the vin and call Suzuki to make sure that the cam chain tensioner recall has been done. Other then that you should be good to go. I started burning oil early in my 2000 but I think that was dealer induced. They screwed up resulting in a broken cam and bent valves. I later had to have new valve seals and guides installed.
rock.gif

Shoot, the '03 that I bought new has 23K on it now. I sure hope it holds up.

I know it's tought buying someone elses bike because you don't know how often they changed the oil, and how well they took care of it, but if it was taken care of fairly well at all, then I wouldn't worry about 23K miles.

is there any questions i should ask the guy specifily so far this is what i got

Did you have the recall on the busa done? (cam chain tensioner)
Also what part of New york are you located in, city? long island? upstate?
Did you do the mods yourself or did a shop do them? if shop, got recipts?
How often was the oil change done? agian shop or yourself?
Did you have it serviced at 5k 10k 15k 20k miles?(or something along those lines)
When was the last time it was serviced?

The is alot of mods done to the bike here's a list,
Trac Dynamics 240 Kit installed. RC vega wheels, Tricky Air ride, Brocks Racing exhaust, Chrome everything, except frame which is polished. frame plugs, and axels caps, JSC lowering tripple clamp, top fork covers, custom lic plate bracket, billet mirrors and grips, Leather seats, custom hayabusa stator cover, custom frenched taillight, and of course a power commander

How much is he asking? That makes all the difference in the world when buying a bike.

oh sorry lol i guess it does he is asking 4900 sounds like a deal... thats why i'm alittle iffy on it

no scrathes or dents
also not listed custom paint

<!--EDIT|MentalSuicide
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155522836 -->

Sounds good. Probably has $4000 in mods done. If the motor takes a crap, you can still sell the parts for what you paid.

Before you go out riding it, make sure the chain/sprockets are in good shape. A lot of guys fail to take good care of them. The last thing you want is a chain to snap on your new bike.

It depends on how well it was taken care of. 23k is nothing if the bike was cared for. ask how many sets of tires, chains,sporckets, & brakes he's been through. If he is honest about it that will give you an idea of his riding habits. then maybe you will now if it was ridin hard all the time or just now & then.

I had 23k on my old busa and it was runnin solid ( until I crashed ...
sad.gif
) If you go to a friendly dealer they should be able to look up the service / recall records or call American Suzuki and give them the vin # and they can tell also.

1-800-356-6013 or (714) 996-7040

hahahaha
laugh.gif
yeah I know some like that... but the smart ones will help u out knowing they will get your biz in the future. Either service or your next bike.

Yeah I was just about to say $4900 would be way too cheap for the bike you have pictured.

Back