hayabusa heel toe shifter

SkootRRgirl

Registered
Guys and Gals I am looking to find out if anyone makes a heel toe shifter for a hayabusa. I ruptured my achillies tendon and I am on the tail end of the healing process and really would like to ride my bike, I am in an ankle brace and can't seem to get my foot up under the shift lever to shift up, so I thought maybe a heel toe shifter might help. Any suggestions? Oh and by the way it's good to be back on here, I have been taking a break from riding since 2014 when my friend went down and didn't make it. So, anyways any help would be great. Thanks in advanced.

Guys and Gals I am looking to find out if anyone makes a heel toe shifter for a hayabusa. I ruptured my achillies tendon and I am on the tail end of the healing process and really would like to ride my bike, I am in an ankle brace and can't seem to get my foot up under the shift lever to shift up, so I thought maybe a heel toe shifter might help. Any suggestions? Oh and by the way it's good to be back on here, I have been taking a break from riding since 2014 when my friend went down and didn't make it. So, anyways any help would be great. Thanks in advanced.
Welcome back from another Floridian! I’m really sorry to hear about your friend.
I agree with others, quick shifter would do the trick for you. Maybe roaring toyz can help you, since you are not terribly far from them?

thanks all I will look into both options and thank you for the warm welcome back and condolences they are very much appreciated.

Gotcha. I thought they could be configured to work on a button.
I was looking in to that last week. How I was understanding it was when the shifter feels pressure it would kill for the shift and and move the rest of the shift linkage the rest of the way to shift. If I’m wrong someone let me know. I’m wanting to get a air shifter before spring comes along.

I was looking in to that last week. How I was understanding it was when the shifter feels pressure it would kill for the shift and and move the rest of the shift linkage the rest of the way to shift. If I’m wrong someone let me know. I’m wanting to get a air shifter before spring comes along.
Thanks for clarifying.

If you have or get a spare shifter all you would need is some one to weld on an extension behind the spline. It's not as easy as I make it sound. But I'm willing to bet someone on here has the skill to weld aluminum and a Busa in the garage to see where they can do it

If you have or get a spare shifter all you would need is some one to weld on an extension behind the spline. It's not as easy as I make it sound. But I'm willing to bet someone on here has the skill to weld aluminum and a Busa in the garage to see where they can do it
Adams does a undermount that pivets in the shaft. Could be a good start of fabrication.

What about cutting and welding a rear brake pedal on the shifter? On top, and facing backwards?

Back