Hayabusa has gas and spark but wont start.

Logan7887

Registered
So my 2007 hayabusa buggy wont start again. It cranks strong. We tested it by jump starting it. It has spark at the spark plugs. It has fuel to the cylinders and the injecters are spraying well. What else could it be? Any ideas?

How do you check that?
Honestly, if you have to ask . . . you should really take the bike to a shop and let a mechanic actually diagnose the non-starting issue.
But . . here's a brief run-down on cam timing check.

You will need a workshop manual opened at the camshaft/valve timing section.
Rotate the crankshaft and position No 1 cylinder at Top Dead Centre marked on the crank pick-up rotor.
Remove the tappet cover (valve cover) and check the position of the camshaft sprockets and the relevant marks lining up as per the manual's diagram.
Sounds easy?
Well . . it's not. It's a lot of work and a comprehensive tool kit is required to do the job . . . oh, as well as a good understanding of motors and valve timing.

So my 2007 hayabusa buggy wont start again. It cranks strong. We tested it by jump starting it. It has spark at the spark plugs. It has fuel to the cylinders and the injecters are spraying well. What else could it be? Any ideas?
It happened to me at a Piazza and a guy walked over and said to me.
I'm a Suzuki mechanic and this is a common thing on busa..turn key on..then kill switch on./off
Fired up straight away. Hope its the same problem ..used kill switch ever since

Back