Hayabusa Gel Touring seat? Worth it?

Slowstang305

Registered
Hey guys, I have seen the Gel seat for sale used for like $75-80 from time to time on CL and Ebay and was thinking about picking one up for longer tours on the busa. What do you guys think of it? Is it decent for that price or the stock one is nicer?

Hey guys, I have seen the Gel seat for sale used for like $75-80 from time to time on CL and Ebay and was thinking about picking one up for longer tours on the busa. What do you guys think of it? Is it decent for that price or the stock one is nicer?
I like it more than the stock one for all riding. It does heat up if you leave it out in the sun though but otherwise I have been happy with it. I now have a Corbin seat that I love, but that's a lot more. You might skip the gel seat and go straight to the higher end custom seats, they really make the bike comfortable.

I’ve always heard about the heat issues on the factory gel, so stayed away from it, specially here in Florida. I currently have terry’s custom seats one and a Corbin that’s for sale. I guess for $75, you could try the gel and see how you like it and just sell if you don’t.

Would pass. I would give Saddleman seats a try that center relief cut out is great for avoiding pressure/pain I have/like Corbin. Agree with Fallen spend the $ once instead of $80 here $100 there and not being happy with any of the cheaper seat you may buy. I had the gel seat which was narrower between the legs which helps a shorter rider but after 30mins it was uncomfortable so I would put the stock seat back on .

I've found that if you ride reasonably hard and with a good level of concentration on the control of the steering and lines in corners etc, you forget all about/don't notice any longer the seat discomfort on your butt and crown jewels.
It seems to be when I'm cruising at constant slowish (100-120kmh) speeds that I start thinking about the seat and the pain in my ass, groin and the backs of my thighs.
I can say this though, losing 20kgs around my middle in a short space of time has improved the comfort level in my ride outtasight! So much less weight pushing down on my butt cheeks really helps. :thumbsup:

I would recommend either Corbin or Saddlemen as an aftermarket replacement. Otherwise, stick to your OE seat. I would have kept my OE seat on but I got too good a deal on my Saddlemen.

I just put a saddleman carbon fiber track gel seat on mine and am loving it... the Suzuki gel seat was an improvement for me over the stock and it seemed higher and gave my knees a little bit more room but I don't think it'd be ideal for anyone doing the twisties. But having the channel that saddleman put in theirs made it the best thing I could have done.

I did this to my long term Corbin and actually like it alot.

Sounds like I shouldn't waste my money and just keep riding the stock seat. I don't have many complaints for it since most of my rides are short, maybe I just need to take more longer rides to get accustomed to it.
You can always send it to Port Saint Lucie and get the supracor insert to make it comfy. It’ll still look factory, but more comfortable. I think the company is called great day to ride or something like that(?) and guy’s name is Spencer. Pretty reasonable prices too.

I have had the Suzuki Gel seat for about 8 years now.
It is starting to wear out a bit, but it is still viable to use.

I find it more comfortable than the stock seat. I found the stock seat too soft, but that doesn't mean I find it comfortable. I have done 600+ mile days on it, but if I could have done it again, I would have went with aftermarket.
Plus, when I bought mine, it was $300CDN

Back