Hayabusa Front & Rear Disc Upgrades

Berlin Germany

Registered
@Busaflyboy

did you also did the maintenance to the calippers ,
by completely disassembling the calippers , removing all the pistons and its seals and removing this nasty dirt in the grooves and on the seals down to the last granule?

i strongly recommend , caused by my dozens of experiences with the busa´s tokico calipers, this deep cleaning every 30-35,000 km / 18-21,000 mi
picturally said - with all this dirt , you can find in the calipers , a good bricklayer builts a skyscraper.

you will be surprised how fine and sensitive the brake will work after that work and how much less power you will need in your hand to stop the bike. that all without a need to replace the pads (provided their thickness is ok.)
i strongly recommend , caused by my dozens of experiences with the busa´s tokico calipers, this deep cleaning every 30-35,000 km / 18-21,000 mi
picturally said - with all this dirt , you can find in the calipers , a good bricklayer builts a skyscraper.

you will be surprised how fine and sensitive the brake will react after that work and how much less power you will need in your hand to stop the bike. that all without a need to replace the pads (provided their thickness is ok.)
at 1st braking after this work be very careful not to over brake, a stoppie will follow or worst a front sliding.

an other friendly "warning hint" - if you change the pads at old discs the pads need some brakings to fit back to the outer form of the "old" dics - till then the brake feels dull ? / snub ? (damn how do you call this feeling when you pull the lever and the brake doesn´t work nice) .
but after some brakings it will work best.

Busaflyboy

Registered
@Busaflyboy

did you also did the maintenance to the calippers ,
by completely disassembling the calippers , removing all the pistons and its seals and removing this nasty dirt in the grooves and on the seals down to the last granule?

you will be surprised how fine and sensitive the brake will work after that work and how much less power you will need in your hand to stop the bike. that all without a need to replace the pads (provided their thickness is ok.)

you will be surprised how fine and sensitive the brake will react after that work and how much less power you will need in your hand to stop the bike. that all without a need to replace the pads (provided their thickness is ok.)
at 1st braking after this work be very careful not to over brake, a stoppie will follow or worst a front sliding.

an other friendly "warning hint" - if you change the pads at old discs the pads need some brakings to fit back to the outer form of the "old" dics - till then the brake feels dull ? / snub ? (damn how do you call this feeling when you pull the lever and the brake doesn´t work nice) .
but after some brakings it will work best.
All good advice...yes I rebuilt the calipers and..they were not as bad as.I thought. But they needed the clean.
We call that braking action 'spongy' when they respond slowly to braking..

Thanks for the info..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mythos Front and Rear Brake Caliper Removal, Gen 2 Hayabusa Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 1
Bob Morin 16 Front 46 Rear Sprocket 2012 Hayabusa New Owners Forum 10
H 2008 Hayabusa front seat General Bike Related Topics 4
P 04 Hayabusa R1 front fender Busa Mods 10
B Hayabusa front Caliper Brake Hoses Parts and Modifications 0
Mythos Front Wheel Removal, Gen2 Hayabusa Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 10
TTF Turbo Fighter Hayabusa Gen II internally lowered front forks oil amount? 1/4 Mile 21
R Bleeding the front ABS Brembo brakes on my 2013 Hayabusa Busa problems 4
mister08busa 2008 hayabusa front sprocket Gen II Busa Information 32
jsolo_357 hayabusa front wheel General Bike Related Topics 2
Leatherneck Front GSXR Headlight and Fairing on a Hayabusa- Appearance mods 15
J Need Advice to lower the front end of a 2009 Hayabusa. General Bike Related Topics 1
johnny1980 08 hayabusa front brake bleeding with mity vac General Bike Related Topics 12
johnny1980 2008 hayabusa front brake bleeder General Bike Related Topics 6
S 2008 Hayabusa Front Forks Busa problems 8
john74 Front Camera Mount for 2008 Hayabusa ???? Gen II Busa Information 27
S 08 hayabusa driven racing front sprocket 17t Gen II Busa Information 0
A Chrome Hayabusa Front Air Suspension General Bike Related Topics 6
Cookie Wanted - 08 Hayabusa Front End! General Bike Related Topics 14
S Hayabusa front wheel removal Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 16
BLU88 HAYABUSA FRONT FENDER General Bike Related Topics 8
A Hayabusa front rim General Bike Related Topics 0
O mototeck front stand for hayabusa General Discussion 9
O Vented Front Fender for the Hayabusa General Discussion 7
2 2011 Suzuki Hayabusa Classifieds 2
B Gen 1 hayabusa coil resistance General Bike Related Topics 6
M Is a Hayabusa the right bike for me? General Bike Related Topics 38
P Adding digital speedometer to 2nd Gen Hayabusa General Bike Related Topics 5
SmokeKingOfCali99Hayabusa 99 Hayabusa Motor General Bike Related Topics 6
V 2009 Turbo Hayabusa GSX1300R Bikes 9
datforeignguy 2015 Hayabusa Head Cowl Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 2
hayabuser 1/4 scale Hayabusa... are you kidding me? General Bike Related Topics 10
Z Max horsepower on gen2 hayabusa General Bike Related Topics 13
rubbersidedown On-line petition started to ban a member here on Hayabusa.Org Random Thoughts 17
Turbo Bob 2005 Hayabusa Turbo $14,500. Bikes 2
M 2000 hayabusa fuel pump Busa problems 5
B Hayabusa Rear Sprockett Upgrade General Bike Stuff 12
N Hayabusa jerky and dies Busa problems 8
AsleepAtTheTree WHY NOT scream a hayabusa??? Problem Engine and Performance mods 7
B Hayabusa 2008 gen2 speed problem Busa problems 20
J ISO gen 1 hayabusa plastics black/grey or just black Classifieds 2
O Got a new 2015 Hayabusa today New Owners Forum 11
B Hayabusa H7 led Parts and Modifications 7
P 2000 suzuki hayabusa Gsx1300R Turbo Showcase Forums 2
P GEN 1 SUZUKI HAYABUSA FOR SALE Classifieds 2
B Hayabusa 08-20 swingarm extension Parts and Modifications 5
F 2005 Hayabusa issues, bent valve? General Bike Related Topics 6
C 2007 Hayabusa missing 2 cylinders Busa problems 7
U Is my 2018 CBR1000RR Abs faster than my 2006 Hayabusa? General Bike Related Topics 10
Q Hayabusa Engine Blueprint/Dimensions General Bike Related Topics 0