Hayabusa for an old guy??

KawaH2

Registered
I am thinking of a Busa in my future. I have been off bikes for a number of years. My previous bikes were a Kawasaki 750 H2, (loved it) and a tree stump pullin' Norton 850 commando.
Now I am thinking of getting a Busa at 52 years old. I like to take it easy in the corners and crank it up on the straights when I have a clear view. Here in California there are lots of both. My style is to take it easy for a while as I get to know a bike and what it can do. Then I like to push it little by little till I have a good handle on it.
Any advice out there from other old guys.

welcome to the board buy it ride it and enjoy it you qualify
biggrin.gif

go 'way yer too old!!

haha.. just kiddin.. sounds like the perfect bike for ya really.

just a nice cruisin' bike with butt loads of power to put the whipper snappers in their place on the straights.

In 1981 at 21 years old, had a Honda 750F, In 1983 had a 1982 GPz100, in 1986, had a 1986 Ninja 1000R. From 1989 to 2005, had no bike at all. At 45 years old, bought a 2005 Hayabusa. I was a little shakey at first, but after 6000 miles of California twisties and a the odd wheelie, I'm having the time of my life. If want to do it, then do it. You're only going to get older. As you said, don't push it until you get a handle on it!
Get set to jet!

Awhile ago there was somebody posting about thier 78 year old, dad or grandpa putting around on a Busa.... I say more power to him, and to you! I say you're young enough to ride anything provided two things: you still have decent reaction speed and you can like the bike if it falls over. Good luck with the Busa, you won't be dissapointed. By the way, it has been proven in a windtunnel that that Blue and Silver Busas have better aerodynamics that other paint schemes and are therefore the faster of the Busai. Just here to help you make a good decision better!
biggrin.gif

I am thinking of a Busa in my future. I have been off bikes for a number of years. My previous bikes were a Kawasaki 750 H2, (loved it) and a tree stump pullin' Norton 850 commando.
Now I am thinking of getting a Busa at 52 years old. I like to take it easy in the corners and crank it up on the straights when I have a clear view. Here in California there are lots of both. My style is to take it easy for a while as I get to know a bike and what it can do. Then I like to push it little by little till I have a good handle on it.
WELCOME TO THE BOARD. I DON'T SEE WHY NOT. THE "BUSA" CAN BE AGRESSIVE WHEN NEEDED, AND GENTLE FOR THOSE EASY RIDES. THAT IS WHAT MAKES THE BIKE SO UNIQUE. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BLAST AROUND ALL DAY LIKE A TYPICAL SPORTBIKE. AS FAR AS COMFORT, IN MY OPINION, IT RANKS THE BEST IN THE SPORTBIKE CATEGORY. THE SEAT IS PLUSH AND THE ERGONOMICS ARE REASONABLE. HOPE THIS HELPS. GOOD LUCK!

Having owned a H1 and H2, I can tell you the the Busa will put a big ash smile on your face. The only thing in common that this bike has with other bikes, is that it has 2 wheels. I guarantee you that the accelaration will make you woozy. My suggestion is get one, but start out with lots of respect.

What's there to think about? If ya want one and have the green, go for it. I've been riding since I was 18 and I'm 51 and bought an '05LE a few weeks ago. No regrets here other than I wish I would've done it sooner. I plan on riding till I can't hold a bike up anymore or I feel I'm a danger to myself and others. Go for it!! What could be worse than lying on your death bed and sayin to yourself...god, I wish I would've done that. Besides 52 is NOT old.

We have board members in their sixties. Age isn't the issue, it's learning to handle the power. The 'Busa is in a whole different league to the bikes you mentioned, so take it easy 'til you get used to it.

Welcome to the addiction.
smile.gif

I'm 50 and LOVE my Busa! Also have a Yamaha Road Star in the garage, but the Busa gets much more use. Your're not too old. You're at a great age to have an awesome bike like the Busa. It goes further. I am now seeking a track-only bike that I can use for track days.

Damn. It's he11 getting old!
biggrin.gif

Back