Hayabusa for an old guy??

I am a 55 yo rider who has had 6 GSXR's over the years and I gotta tell ya once I put a Yoshi Alpha race system, a series 5 Power Commander system, remapped the ECU for torque torque and more torque, all this took her from 172.37 hp to 181.42 on the dyno. It is fantastic and the sound from that Yoshi Alpha system is sensational. Then I pissed off those shitty Bridgestones and put Michelin Pilots on her. Much better. Actual feel in the steering and sweet turn in. Now a Busa for an older guy is perfect. Comfortable, power til the cows come home and average brakes if you stick with oem pad. Sintered Baby sintered pads are way better feel and stopping power. I am loving my Busa and intend to keep her for a long time. After having an ESD 750 with a Arias 910 big bore kit for my first Suzuk, The a 750 J Superbike racer wit a full Yoshi kit, an L 750 an M 750 then K2 and a rockin K4, the Busa is an admirable next bike, especially for us older fellas.

Awhile ago there was somebody posting about thier 78 year old, dad or grandpa putting around on a Busa.... I say more power to him, and to you! I say you're young enough to ride anything provided two things: you still have decent reaction speed and you can like the bike if it falls over. Good luck with the Busa, you won't be dissapointed. By the way, it has been proven in a windtunnel that that Blue and Silver Busas have better aerodynamics that other paint schemes and are therefore the faster of the Busai. Just here to help you make a good decision better! View attachment 666356
Hello,
I joined the club 2 mins ago, and this is the first thread I’ve read. First post so I’m jumping in head first here! I just became the owner of a 2005 in red and black, pretty bad ass. My dad bought this bike brand new for his 55th birthday and I was in love at first sight. I’ve had many bikes, usually more than one at any given time, there is three in my garage right now. At that time I bought a matching colour Katana just because I was in love with my Dads bike. He’s probably a member on here, I should ask him. He rode over a 100 miles in a wind and rain storm mid February to come celebrate my 39th birthday and gave me the bike. He’s turning 70 next month and some of his best stories are about going out for long rides on the Hayabusa with his Harley buddies and the one about when he was really excited after going for a rip, and forgot to put the kickstand down before he got off. He dropped the bike but tried to throw his body under it to save it from getting scratched and got all bruised up. The bike get respect and must be respected. I cannot wait to get some seat time on this beautiful beast.

EC7E716C-774A-4972-A2F1-C3487AD41127.jpeg

Nice inheritance! One owner, known maintenance history, all great things! Your pop did the right thing protecting the bike in that fall, did the same thing under my 79 CBX, also kickstand related. :confused: :laugh: Hurt my hip a bit and several people came to my rescue as I got pinned underneath and couldn‘t extract myself.:crazy: You’re gonna have a great time riding it. Oh, I bought my 06 new and it has 66,000+ miles on it so far and I also have a big birthday in a month as well.

Hello,
I joined the club 2 mins ago, and this is the first thread I’ve read. First post so I’m jumping in head first here! I just became the owner of a 2005 in red and black, pretty bad ass. My dad bought this bike brand new for his 55th birthday and I was in love at first sight. I’ve had many bikes, usually more than one at any given time, there is three in my garage right now. At that time I bought a matching colour Katana just because I was in love with my Dads bike. He’s probably a member on here, I should ask him. He rode over a 100 miles in a wind and rain storm mid February to come celebrate my 39th birthday and gave me the bike. He’s turning 70 next month and some of his best stories are about going out for long rides on the Hayabusa with his Harley buddies and the one about when he was really excited after going for a rip, and forgot to put the kickstand down before he got off. He dropped the bike but tried to throw his body under it to save it from getting scratched and got all bruised up. The bike get respect and must be respected. I cannot wait to get some seat time on this beautiful beast.

Welcome and enjoy!

Hello,

View attachment 1613600
Welcome and very good to have you aboard, this is the best place to talk Hayabusa and just about everything else it seems...

How many years off bikes? It sounds like quite a few. Re-entry riders in your age group are the fastest climbing “accident statisticâ€￾. I don’t want to discourage you at all, but please get a fresh motorcycle safety course completed BEFORE your first ride on a Hayabusa. Both of your two previous bikes were pretty impressive in their day, but a lot has changed in 30 years. The Hayabusa is a fantastic bike. It can be your best friend or worst enemy, all in the same few minutes of riding.

I am in a boat like this. I am a returning rider with a hayabusa. And an old guy (almost 50). Haven’t really ridden an appreciable mike in 10 years and haven’t ridden (well last couple months around the block tuning bikes in).

I am in the process of getting the hayabusa running. All working now. New oil this week. Polishing / waxing bodywork off bike. Then put it back together

Maybe that makes a new Busa rider.

But I would make a wild bet that I am one of the new busa riders that has the longest history with a busa. I have had mine since ‘99.

I am calmer now. Less risk prone. That will help.

Wow. Looking back at the "original oRg" sub-forum.. I have posts there from the turn of the century under an old user name....

I guess that makes me an old guy....

I am in a boat like this. I am a returning rider with a hayabusa. And an old guy (almost 50). Haven’t really ridden an appreciable mike in 10 years and haven’t ridden (well last couple months around the block tuning bikes in).

I am in the process of getting the hayabusa running. All working now. New oil this week. Polishing / waxing bodywork off bike. Then put it back together

Maybe that makes a new Busa rider.

But I would make a wild bet that I am one of the new busa riders that has the longest history with a busa. I have had mine since ‘99.

I am calmer now. Less risk prone. That will help.

Maybe it's how you have lived, but "almost 50" doesn't class you as an old guy..
You need to get rid of that mindset...
Just sayin....

Back