Hayabusa Fairing Crazyness...

Carm Mast

Registered
Ok is it just me or did suzuki make these fairings unnecessarily difficult to remove?
Is there an aftermarket alternative to these stock fairings that i can simply remove like i used to with my GSXR 750 or Kawasaki Ninja 750
All I needed to remove those was just removing the few bolts on either side and fairings came off
no pushpins no having to move up, side, and back lol
I find myself swearing like a trucker every time I have to change my oil ....oh and god forbid i have to remove the front cowling...try finding something on youtube...what a process ...Geesh!
there has to be an easier way!

I have an 06 GSXR 1000 and an 04 Busa. And you're right the Gixer is easier. But after peeling the plastic off a Busa a few times you learn some short cuts. And easier ways to make it happen. The Gixer is a factory racer. Probably why things break down a little easier. The Busa is intended to be a touring bike. Some of us just treat them a little differently.
As far as an "aftermarket alternative"... The OEM plastic my be a little difficult to remove and install. But it fits. Not sure what you might get with aftermarket plastic.

Evwrytime i remove my fairings I swear it feels like Im gonna bust them in 3 pieces,lol

Yeah I know how you feel just did a recent oil and filter change and the push pin and grommets and clips etc gods were not in my favour this time around had a hell of a time putting that right faring on :thumbsup:

There are only 16~18 allen bolts, six push clips, four mirror bolts, two windshield fastners, two front tank bolts, give or take, to get all the fairings off. The front fender just takes half a day to figure out how to remove it without scraping the forks or cracking it to get the brake line holder off. Geez. You're really asking a lot. o_O

I think a lot of the difficulty has to do with the aerodynamic design of the bike for top-speed, something unnecessary for the racing bike, which just need to be quick and nimble.

I had made some mods to mine, including tank clips that replaced the two front bolts, but it's still a small chore to get all the plastics off and then get them aligned again and the bolts started without stripping when putting it back together. Just have to get used to it, unfortunately. :(

Yeah I know how you feel
just did a recent oil and filter change
and the push pin and grommets and clips etc.

Gods were not in my favor this time around
had a hell of a time putting that right faring on.

:thumbsup:

When I watch how easy it is to change oil on the B-King ~ it makes me want to add the one piece upper fairing only . . .

Mine side panel flew off the bike...twice. Not a big fan of the gen 2 plastics. Hard to get off, unless you use wind.

My side panel flew off the bike . . .

Twice .

Not a big fan of the gen 2 plastics .

Hard to get off,
unless you use wind .

Looking into this one right here . . .

M82468770.jpg

From www.CatalystRacingComposites.com .

Back