Hayabusa coils resistance test

So I was testing the coils doing the primary and secondary resistance test and here are the numbers I got. The manual says that on the primary resistance testing I should get a resistance between (0.8-1.2 ohm) and on the secondary resistance test I should be between (8-15ohm)

Coil 1: Primary test........ 1.5 ohm
Secondary test.. 13.31ohm

Coil 2: Primary test........ 1.5 ohm
Secondary test.......11.65 ohm

Coil 3: Primary test.......... 1.5 ohm
Secondary test..... 13.31 ohm

Coil 4: Primary test........... 1.5 ohm
Secondary test...... 13.49 ohm

Should I change my coils given that all four during the primary reading where above (0.8-1.2 ohm) or is 1.5 normal resistance.

What kind of meter do you have ? If you have a high end digital meter with LED display that's been tested against a national standard recently fine, but if you have some cheapo meter that's not been checked or that you have never adjusted zero on, or just has weak batteries, then I'd say you're probably good to go ........

Even if your skin comes in contact with the meter probes it can cause the reading to be off.

What did you end up doing? My readings are similar to yours and I am having starting issues. My Stator is slightly outside of spec as well. No I don’t have super high end Multimeter.

Back