hayabusa clocks

stuartyloon

Registered
hi all , I recently purchased a rk5 hayabusa and the speedo doesnt work goes round to 220mph and then back to 0 when ignition turned on and then sits at 35mph and doesnt work or the fuel gauge it sits very high and works sometimes and depending on what i do with the ignition ie switching on and off and on again sometimes temp gauage gos to as high as it will go any ideas thanks ?

Am I reading it correctly that you have a 2005 with a 220mph speedo. If so that means that someone has opened your cluster up and who knows what they could have done.

Assuming the 220 gauges are a factory issued unit, the 220 gauge setup is pretty much a plug and play deal; I had one on my 2007. It does throw off the speedometer some but should not cause the problems the OP is describing. All I did was unplug the factory 185 MPH unit and plugged in the 220 MPH unit. The 220 actually showed about 6K more miles than my original unit. I changed it because it got cracked in a crash, and I found the 220 MPH unit on SH.org for a good price. I did get a speedohealer eventually though.

You can contact Shane Gaston at Mod My Gauges and see if he has a set of gauges or you can buy a set from Suzuki. I'd drop the battery for ten seconds and see if they start working right first.

Learn something new everyday. I have not seen a factory issued 220 unit. Now I know.

I believe he meant a factory OEM dash out of a 1999/2000 as opposed to a 2005 dash that someone has changed the face plate on.

If someone threw a 99-00 set of gauges on a 2005 ECU that might be the whole issue

I believe he meant a factory OEM dash out of a 1999/2000 as opposed to a 2005 dash that someone has changed the face plate on.

Yes, the 1999 and the 2000 model came with 220 MPH gauges from the factory. All someone has to do is remove the two 8mm bolts holding the cluster in and unplug the eletrical harness, then gently pull the whole cluster out as a whole. You then just plug in the new cluster and secure it with the 2 bolts and the plastic points that fit into the gromets on the fairing stay.

301F73C4-F2A0-488C-AD15-1A9C7417C963_zpsnmbykeoz.png

C53ECC6E-A685-47F3-9528-95A56DDB059A_zpslklanzp8.png

Back