Hayabusa binned on trip to Germany.

Jasper

Registered
Hi Guys, i had an off on a recent trip to Germany. Binned the Busa on its left side when the front end tucked under on loose gravel around a tight harpin. No damage done to me apart for gear worn, butt he Busa has damage all down the left side. Happy with removal of the left fairing thanks to Blanca Busa Tutoriol. But wondered if anyone had any top tips for removal of the front fairing to allow me to take it in to the spray shop to get repainted?

Thanks in advance.

DSC02559.jpg

I dont know if its like the Gen1.

But Gent 1 you take the 6 bolts where the nose meets the side fairings.

Then 2 bolts for the mirrors

Then the clips on the underside of the nose

Then tug a little and vuala!

I dont know if its like the Gen1.

But Gent 1 you take the 6 bolts where the nose meets the side fairings.

Then 2 bolts for the mirrors

Then the clips on the underside of the nose

Then tug a little and vuala!

Thanks. I'll try that.:thumbsup:

you have to remove both sides and the inner panels on the front fairing before you can fully remove it.

have to take the guages out, unplug the harness.. undo the bolts behind the guages.

should come out after.

. But wondered if anyone had any top tips for removal of the front fairing to allow me to take it in to the spray shop to get repainted?

Thanks in advance.

There's a pinned video on fairing removal on the site I think it's in Gen 2
Tip: take drugs before attempting.:thumbsup:
B.

you have to remove both sides and the inner panels on the front fairing before you can fully remove it.

have to take the guages out, unplug the harness.. undo the bolts behind the guages.

should come out after.

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it. :beerchug:

Sorry about the get-off, bro. Glad you're okay!

Good luck gettin' 'er back to top form.

:beerchug:

Sorry about the get-off, bro. Glad you're okay!

Good luck gettin' 'er back to top form.

:beerchug:

Thanks man. It happened 2nd day into a 1300mile trip through Belgium and Germany. Ruined my day for a couple of hours until i got may head around it.

Glad you're back home and safe. Whip the busa back into shape asap then take her out for 2000+ miles ride. The mishap will be ancient history in no time. :thumbsup:

Back