Hayabusa at Spokane Raceway

OB_mbuehler

Registered
Just gotta say this is the best bike I've ever ridden! I left Saturday night and rode the nearly 300 miles to Spokane in nearly one sitting (stopped for gas once). Stayed nice and comfy the whole way over with only slight pain in my throttle wrist. Woke up Sunday morning to lots of sun, and a very low turnout at the track so it was unlimited time. Did a few laps to get used to things, then just cut loose and had a blast! Spokane has nearly a 1 mile straight, and I was able to hit 178'ish mph before hitting the brakes. Ripped the top off my Bieffe helmet! The busa handles quite nice in the corners, and I've destroyed the stock tires (melted rubber bits are all over the place). Scraped the feelers a bit, and had a hoot hanging off! Got in nearly 200 track miles with a lousy 23mpg :) Rode back the same night, so 800 plus miles in 24 hrs is tolerable on this bike. Loving it more and more :)

If you get a chance to hit the track, do so!

No top speed complaints :) I'll selfishly admit I enjoyed rocketing past everyone down the strip. Alot of people checked it out, and it was referred to as the "Big Dog". This bike truly has a reputation that precedes it! Felt so good to let the bike do what it's capable of. Can't get over sliding all the way back to the tailpiece every time I punched it in first or second :) Loved the pickup out of the corners, in any gear!

Sounds like you had a blast! Anyone get after you about too much top speed? Heh, heh... Any other Busas there? I bought my bike at Bellevue Suzuki Ducati so I am interested in the comments they might have had. Congrats on riding the Busa the way it was designed to be ridden! I guess you now know what it means now to "warp outta there" exiting a turn.

It was originally a track day (dealer sponsored) for Ducati riders, but not to many signed up, so racers showed up for test and tune. I was at the dealer getting advice on safety wiring (gonna race my little bandit this weekend) when they asked if I'd like to go. Not sure if I brought the bike they thought I would... :) Check with your local dealer or rider groups, you won't be sorry. I've been to Seattle Internation Raceway a few times when one of the newsgroups I'm in sponsors a track day. If you get your racing license, there are also practice sessions / test'n tune days if the organization puts them on (OMRRA, WMRRA, etc.) like what's going on in Portland this weekend. $100 for 200 care free, ambulance on call, go all out miles is a great deal.

Back