Hayabusa as a true Sports tourer

SuzukiGSX1300RK

Registered
Many people have asked, Is the Busa a good tourer.
Well I can tell you it is a fantastic tourer. I have just got back from a 2500 mile trip from the UK thro France,Spain and Portugal two up and fully loaded. The bike never missed a beat,averaged 11.6 miles per Litre,went where ever I pointed it at whatever speed I wanted, but mainly around 80-90 just nice and comfortable two up.
Comfort is really good but I didnt do more than 300 miles at a stretch. I wasnt out to prove anything(Im to bloody old for that). But you could double that distance if you really wanted to.
I dare say a gold wing would be much more comfortable but you still have a gold wing when you get home not a HAYABUSA.
I say dont be afraid to load her up,Tank bag,givi Throw over sports panniers. sports rack with givi top box(must have room for the ladies hair drier).No sign of any unwillingness to cope with all of that and more.
Happy Touring.

Sounds great, I'm hoping to do something similar next year.

Tinman, Leeds, West yorkshire, England.

PS do you ride all year round in the UK ?

Here is a Picture of the Bike.

Spanish_Tour_2003_047.jpg

It doesn't like like you could get a passanger on that ? and if your ever passing the Milk bar in Sherburn in Elmet next year give me a shout, I'm sure it would be good to pick up a few pointers from you about your trip.

PS I also have same bike and am begining to think I should have bught a different colour as they seem to be appearing all over the place !

Problem with fastest color... Everyone wants one. :D

SuzukiGSX1300RK (why not BLACK SHADOW?) - You've been to Portugal. Where did you go? I am portuguese! :cool:

Mines set up with full givi hard bags, bar risers, does fine during sport touring rides...two up...
and solo with just the side bags...stills rocks with the best of um'..still comes down to "can you ride in the turns" yep..no prob'..........Awsome all around scooter... :cool:

Looks really nice. Hope you liked Portugal. Hope you didn't get in the middle of that awfull forest fires that unfortunately burned a big portion of our forest... :sad:

It doesn't like like you could get a passanger on that ? and if your ever passing the Milk bar in Sherburn in Elmet next year give me a shout, I'm sure it would be good to pick up a few pointers from you about your trip.

PS I also have same bike and am begining to think I should have bught a different colour as they seem to be appearing all over the place !
Hey, Tinman, I frequent Squires most Wednesdays and some weekends, cant miss my lurvely Grey/Silver job, its the one with the clear lenses. :drink:

I've only got 1600 miles on my Busa, and I've had it for a moth and a half. Of those miles, I have one 500 mile day, and one 300 mile day, and several 75 to 100 miles short rides. Load up the beast and it will do what ever you ask, when ever you ask. :D

Back