Hayabusa any good in MotoGP?

Yatta

Registered
Just wondering how good a Hayabusa is against a motorcycle like RC51(Honda) or R1(Yamaha) on a MotoGP type course.

I've seen many videos on Hayabusas, but most of them are just people going fast on straight roads and I rarely see them actually racing on tracks that have tight turns.

They are too long (wheel base) and too heavy to keep up on a road
course...but this helps to make them a great drag race bike
wink.gif

They can be modded to help out on a road course, but still won't do what other bikes will. A lot of folks have something smaller for track days.

The Busa would get smoked! (Even by the 800 machines coming out next year....)

Most riders don't have the skill to push the busa to its limit on a motogp track, which is generally a very fast type of track.  Laguna seca is the tightest by far on the series.

But no a busa definately won't be beat an R1, wouldn't be too far behind a RC51.  
wink.gif

it would get smoked by a 600. too much torque to come out of corners clean 600 and 250s and 750s can usually stay on the gas coming out of most corners

I've got a Duc 998 for track days and just playiing around with on the street. And the Busa will NOT stay up with it on the track  
wow.gif
. Why
wink.gif
, well cornering is one area and weight (meaning turn in quickness) is another. It's just to big and weighty to throw around in tight corners and making fast transitions from left to right. BUT, on the street, the difference is HEAVEN  
bowdown.gif
in favor of the BUSA  
beerchug.gif

(321CYA @ Nov. 30 2006,17:43) I could see that GPW's "THOR" would probably hold its own with the right rider    
super.gif
Thor is as set up for true canyon carving as you can get, but I would lend to say it is still a big boy. Even with all the light weight stuff (BST's, 520 Chain Conversion, aftermarket exhaust, Axxion/Penske Suspension, the slightly shortened wheel base due to raising the rear) still not MotoGP material. I think a professional rider could keep the competition in sight but it won't win any races.
sad.gif

I think when he says MotoGP he means any road course.

The Hayabusa is an awesome bike for trackdays but it's not worthy for competition.
The way I use it, commuting and trackdays, it's a damn good bike.

actually most people dont know this but the Hayabusa was banned from competition in ama simply because it ran to fast of a lap time , with minow modifications to the swingarm and a race body with the engine meeting horsepower requirements for the unlimited class few years back. the legal term for the ban they say is the tubular cross member behind the seat on the bike. at the same time they ruled they they changed that no bikes can have frame modifications. figures lol

(camaro69_4542003 @ Dec. 02 2006,17:03) actually most people dont know this but the Hayabusa was banned from competition in ama simply because it ran to fast of a lap time , with minow modifications to the swingarm and a race body with the engine meeting horsepower requirements for the unlimited class few years back. the legal term for the ban they say is the tubular cross member behind the seat on the bike. at the same time they ruled they they changed that no bikes can have frame modifications. figures lol
I'd be interested to know if anyone here has cleaned house on any track days with their Busa?

--Wag--

I tracked the Busa many times before and it holds up REALLY well!! But I still got smoked by a couple of 600s who LOVED outbraking me. The busa is too heavy, longer wheelbase and just doesn't have the right "geometry" compared to 600's, 750's and liters.

You can build a nice roadcourse busa but you'd be better off in just buying a smaller bike if trackdays and racing are more your thing.

(camaro69_4542003 @ Dec. 03 2006,08:03) actually most people dont know this but the Hayabusa was banned from competition in ama simply because it ran to fast of a lap time , with minow modifications to the swingarm and a race body with the engine meeting horsepower requirements for the unlimited class few years back. the legal term for the ban they say is the tubular cross member behind the seat on the bike. at the same time they ruled they they changed that no bikes can have frame modifications. figures lol
I believe Rad Greaves built a "RadBusa" for AMA competition but was banned just like Camaro said. Not sure if it would meet Formula Extreme requirements or not either.

Back