hayabusa a legend?

mikebusa99

Registered
Im still kinda a new to the site.I owned a few bikes in my life.First was 1994zx6 and a 1995 sportster 883(what was i thinking).I dont currently own a bike now,had to do the marriage thing cut down on the finances.The wife is cool though she let me get a busa sooner than later.My question to everyone,with the current speed restriction in place,i believe its 186mph.Do you see the motorcycle world lifting this restriction oneday?Or is it pretty safe to say the busa will be a collecters item?I was looking at an antique motorcycle price guide and very few japanese bikes are worth much compared to old harleys or indians?I think a 1911 harley in mint condition would command a price of 95,000.to me thats amazing.I know theirs probably very few left in that condition.Maybe this sounds odd but i kind of compare the 99,00 busa to the first shebly cobras.Where in terms of speed,quarter mile time and style they were no match for anything on the road.Could the busa 30 years from now be legend or just another bike?What do you all think?sorry this is so long.

If I haven't already said it Welcome to the board. I wouldn't hold your breath on the hopes that they lift the speed restrictions. But you never know because it was the manufactures that decided to restrict the bikes before the government did it for them.

The z rated tires are rated at 186mph, im fairly sure this speed limiting is to avoid lawsuits between manufactures and customers when tires could potentially fail because suzuki made the bike faster than the tires were rated for. I dont see it happening but, I did see that the stock tires were rated for 186mph and came to this conclusion, take it as you will.

The Busa already is a legend.... the fastest production bike of all time........there is not currently any indication that the big four will lift the speed restriction.....but things change.
As for it being worth huge coin one day......I personally think that if the restriction is not lifted and the Busa remains King of the big end, there may be a possibility that one day, they'll be worth more than what we paid for them.......who knows how much more.......probably not worth buying one for investment purposes if that's what yer askin.
Buy property!!!!!
Welcome to the board.

I agree with MSF not a good financial investment, unless like me you decided that riding is cheaper than a shrink or drinking
super.gif
super.gif
And we want see faster than 186 lifted till motorcycles are replaced by personal moto-hovercraft... Heck as long as the typical speed limit is 65-70, manufacterers are gonna have a hard time selling/justifying the need for a 200mph bike to the world community.
sad.gif
but we can still wish!

super.gif

Welcome to the board Mike -

After watching that clip from the TLC show "Ultimate Ten", it sounds like the agreement among bike manufacturers to limit the speed will remain in force for some time...that would keep the Busa on top...I can't imagine the gov't or insurance companies not fighting the industry if they choose to fire up the speed war again, so I'd say the Busa will top dog for a long time to come...

Good news for Busa owners!
biggrin.gif

Don't really see anything changing for a bit, but I do believe that eventually the speed wars will re-ignite and we will be seeing some really amazing machines coming out. Hell, the 600 class is already jumping up to some pretty impressive standards so who really knows?

rant.gif
I am a firm believer that no-one should buy a motorcycle based on collectibility. That implies to me that the person is more concerned about profit potential than motorcycling. This greed is, in my opinion, nothing but bad for motorcycling. Look how the landscape of cruisers has changed in the past 15 years - its now overpopulated with RUBS who don't ride, but think their p.o.s. is worth more than the Hope Diamond. Makes me sick really. I love old bikes. I don't mind collectors buy and preserving many bikes. What gets me those who are in it for money, not love of the bikes. Bikes are items of personal property that generally lose value over time. If you are not willing to lose money on your purchase, you shouldn't get the bike. In other words, GET IT BECAUSE YOU LIKE IT, YOU WANT TO RIDE IT AND IT CALLS TO YOU ON SOME LEVEL. If it doesn't do that to you, don't buy the damn thing and allow someone who actually gives a rat's ass a chance to have it.
rant.gif

rant.gif

Just my 2 cents, but they restricted them for a reason. I could have bought a brand new busa but I waited 4ever for a mint 2000 model since they are the last of the unrestricted from the factory. And since they restricted them for a reason then chances are that the 99 - 2000 models probably will be collector items. The question is, which colors of these 2 years will be the most sought after and worth the most? hrmmmmmm.....

The z rated tires are rated at 186mph, im fairly sure this speed limiting is to avoid lawsuits between manufactures and customers when tires could potentially fail because suzuki made the bike faster than the tires were rated for. I dont see it happening but, I did see that the stock tires were rated for 186mph and came to this conclusion,  take it as you will.
The Michelon Sport Pilot HPX is rated at 200MPH. So if the restriction was because of the tires then Suzuki would put them on the bike stock.
MAYBE, just a thought.

Back