Hayabusa 2gen pops & bang

Well that certainly backfired ... it was meant as a joke, you know, in the spirit of the Fast n Furious franchise. the GP bikes don't actually pop on decel. Anyway, I won't be quitting my day job anytime soon
Au contraire mon frere....

valentino-rossi-yamaha-m1-motogp-flame-exhaust-backfire-e1555281837543.jpg

all kind of backfire is not very nice to the exhaust valves and can cause violent costs .

the racers don't care - their mech. guys do the repair and their sponsor(s) pay for that.

if you only wanna flames inject some extra fuel to exhaust and then light that (by a spark plug or so)

Last edited:
This can cause difficulty in AFR tuning if you ever need to do that.

I'll bet you could tune for decel pop. Add fuel to the 0% throttle position at whatever rpm you want the pops at. I have heard of one guy removing all fuel at 0% TP except for idle speed to eliminate decel popping from his ZX-14. That bike decel pops a lot. My busa only does it if the pipe gets very hot, nothing like what we see in those videos though.
My 14 is a total PITA with deceleration pop. I need to get in there to the power commander that bikes been so lonely

@Kevin Jones Come to think of it, I noticed a reduction in decel popping from my 14 just by blocking the clean air hose. I just pulled it out of the bottom of the airbox, stuck a dowel in there, reinserted the hose and hose clamped it so the dowel would stay put. I'd say I got about 20-25% less popping on decel. After removing and blocking the PAIR, there was no further inprovement but going PAIRless is a good weigt loss and it opens up some space on top of the engine. I don't know if you can mess with the PAIR on a Gen2 ZX-14 but the Gen1 doesn't need a PAIR.

Check out http://zx14ninjaforum.com/forums.cfm?conferenceid=3856F3B6-1372-66AE-3B11303B4076051F for info on tuning for reduced decel popping. I believe the member that eliminated his popping is Nightmare. Haven't heard from him in a while.

Back