Hayabusa (2004) RZK3 cuts out when placed in first gear

dps008c

Registered
HD clutch springs with black plate kit purchased. HD springs not installed but back plate installed to rid the known issue of 'clunkty-clinking' sound from clutch. Also bled and replaced clutch fluid. Start bike in neutral on choke, once warm, press clutch lever in and select first gear. Immediately bikes cuts out? No error codes generated. What have I done wrong? As far as I remember; I did place friction and steel plates back as they were original?

Can you push the bike easily with the clutch pulled in and engine not running? I'm guessing not.
Your clutch isn't disengaging all the way. Either the plates are not in order or the fluid isn't bled/replaced properly.

HD clutch springs with black plate kit purchased. HD springs not installed but back plate installed to rid the known issue of 'clunkty-clinking' sound from clutch. Also bled and replaced clutch fluid. Start bike in neutral on choke, once warm, press clutch lever in and select first gear. Immediately bikes cuts out? No error codes generated. What have I done wrong? As far as I remember; I did place friction and steel plates back as they were original?
What @POWERHOUSE said...I don't see where you said you put the stand up, and if you are that switch is first place to start checking.

......I think it may be possible the plates may not be orientated the correct way. For sure I know as they came off is as they went back on in order, with the possibility that one or two may have gotten turned clockwise or anti-clockwise when placing them back on - would that make a difference? I have never had an issue with the stand switch; however, some brake fluid may have leaked onto the sensor wire.

With respect to Mr Brown - thanks for the input. When rear wheel is off the ground (via paddock stand), the bike is able to change gears without cutting out. But you are right - bike cannot be pushed with the clutch pulled in.

SORTED!!!! .....( I think) needs test ride to be sure. What did do to resolve the issue? Cleaned slave cylinder cup, seal, sanded down the edges of cup, re-bled clutch fluid.......tested it by starting busa up, warming it up, clutch lever in, selecting first gear ....NO stalling!! BTW have been reliably informed that if one or a few of the clutch plates to get turned clockwise / anti-clockwise; would not matter - the placement order within the sandwiched plates is what matters

Back