Hayabusa 1363

Natedog

Registered
have a hayabusa 1363cc motor with a ported head and when I took to shop was told I had a head gasket leakage and only made 172hp on the dyno with regular pump gas could these numbers be low because of regular pump gas or will they increase with race gas don't know if shop trying to squeeze money from me or not?

Did you or the shop know about the bad gasket before the Dyno work? Surely they wouldn't run a bike in that condition. ???

To many factors, more info needed or you could take it to another dyno and see what happens...

No the shop did not know they installed a brock pipe and that is what he told me bike was bought from another person who rode it stock wheel base at 5.90 in the 1/8 mile it has some oil residue around the base of the block but is hard to tell because there was a fork tube leak also could this be robbing power if gasket is leaking compression there are no heavy duty studs and people are saying they should have been installed.

yes it does rob power if you just bought it you wont know it. i bought my 1397 busa with a blown trans. busa in a box. put it together and rode it but kept overheating. i tried everything i could think of but it ended up being a bad head gasket. it was blown between all cylinders and also two of the cylinders to the coolant passages. since i have put it back together i noticed a substantial difference in power, however it is all on the ass dyno i have no numbers to prove it but i can tell you that it is pretty big difference from how it was.

Last edited:
???Ok I think i'm just gonna rebuild the 1363 anyway to have it freshened up would like to get the most power out of it, anybody have any suggestions camsize,etc but this is for occasional street use also,also what gas I have thought about having it dyno on VP110 is this good or should I go with another brand taking to shop within 2 weeks. Thanks in advance for all info.

Back