Hayabusa 1363

Natedog

Registered
I have a hayabusa 1363cc motor with a ported head and when I took to shop was told I had a head gasket leakage and only made 172hp on the dyno with regular pump gas could these numbers be low because of regular pump gas or will they increase with race gas don't know if shop trying to squeeze money from me or not?

Personally, I do not think these numbers are too wildly off, but there is some room for improvement. For instance:

1. Last week at Livingood motorsports my brothers stock internal engine 01 Hayabusa with Airbox mod, K&N, Yoshimura TRS exhaust and degreed intake cams made 179 HP. Best 1/4 mile 9.52 so far. (170 lb rider)

2. Two weeks ago we dynoed a friends 05 Hayabusa with 83 mm pistons, airbox mod, intake cams and Akropovic exhaust at 183 hp. Best ET 9.31. (230 lb rider)

3. Another friends 02 Hayabusa with an almost identical set-up came in at 187 hp. Best ET so far (Last year on same set up) 9.46. (230 lb rider also)

All of the above bikes had stock 11.0:1 compression pistons on pump gas.

Depending on how bad your head gasket is leaking you could have lost some HP. I am wondering how they determined your head gasket is leaking. The only way to tell for sure is with a leak down test. A compression test will not pinpoint the head gasket.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I think i'm just gonna rebuild the 1363 anyway to have it freshened up would like to get the most power out of it, anybody have any suggestions camsize,etc but this is for occasional street use also,also what gas I have thought about having it dyno on VP110 is this good or should I go with another brand taking to shop within 2 weeks. Thanks in advance for all info.

just got my 1363 motor together this week, with 12.5:1 je pistons, yosh cams, heavier valve springs with a cleaned up head, airbox mod full yosh rs3 and extended ecu, headed to the dyno next week to tune it, just ridin around this week to put a few 100 miles on it to work in the new bearings.

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I think i'm just gonna rebuild the 1363 anyway to have it freshened up would like to get the most power out of it, anybody have any suggestions camsize,etc but this is for occasional street use also,also what gas I have thought about having it dyno on VP110 is this good or should I go with another brand taking to shop within 2 weeks. Thanks in advance for all info.

Use Super Unleaded.

You can go up to about 14:1 on a Busa motor before you need race fuel.
It will probably actually make less hp with the race gas.

If you decide to use nitrous, all of that changes.
Definately use race gas.

My 1363 made 184 with a ported head and cams, but I was running thru stock exhaust.

While you or whoever has the head off it see if the pistons are dished or flat-tops. If they are dished now would be the time to make a compression / correction.

The engine might have aftermarket cams in it since different dyno's and operators can vary . Were you told it has stock cams in it?

just got my 1363 motor together this week, with 12.5:1 je pistons, yosh cams, heavier valve springs with a cleaned up head, airbox mod full yosh rs3 and extended ecu, headed to the dyno next week to tune it, just ridin around this week to put a few 100 miles on it to work in the new bearings.

update: just got it tuned. have a PCIII USB, motor (see above) i believe a .030" thk base gasket.

189 HP
106 FT/# of Torque
peak power at 10,200 rpms

weather conditions were pretty crappy humid and raining in the high 70's in Pennsylvania near Philadelphia.

Why would you run stock compression on a 1363? That is a waste of time.

dont know who you directed this towrads....but gen 1 compression is 11:1 and the gen 2 is 12.5:1

i guess a few reasons not run high compression is to avoid overheating issues, avoid hard starting issues when motor is hot, not having to run a 24V starting system, not having to run some sort of high octane fuel.

"That is a waste of time." i suppose thats a matter of opinion. Good thing it aint wasting your time :thumbsup:

Back