Haya in the Hills

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
:whistle:

chris.jpg

and with that introduction......we come to that hallowed time of year when the plans start for this years Haya's in the Hills. let me be upfront. i have no plans. things happened at last years HIH that, for a lack of a better word, pissed me off. I am a man of my word and i said i wanted to do this years HIH in Ohio and Mr. Droo wanted to assist in planning it. For those who dont know. His brother (who was with us last year) had a bad bike accident. I contacted him and additional family illness has placed additional burden on him. That being said, drew my family's prayers are with you as you continue to work through these difficult times you and your family are having. Mr.Droo was who i was counting on to assist me as i have never been to Ohio nor know the area. Its part of why i move the HIH around. it gives folks opportunity to assist host and show everyone their stomping grounds and it makes it closer for others who would have normally not been able to attend due to distance/finances. So now for me. work is slowing down and i fully expect to be laid off in the next few weeks which has dampened (but not ended) my excitement for putting this on. I am at this point opening this thread up with the spirit of the org and saying....lets start planning this and see where this years journey leads us. Please dont hesitate to offer , suggest, assist in anyway...as my compass is not set for the direction we will be going and doing. i look forward to hopefully seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!

Oh here we you go again, and who can i aggravate this year?:whistle::banghead::whistle::banghead:

And on that note, i will say this

THERE WILL BE NO SINGING AROUND THE CAMP FIRE!

Well i hope something works out this year,i will do anything to help in any way,will do shirts again once we get a more solid idea of what is happening this year,just let me know what i can do to help,and hope to see everyone again this year

what are the thoughts of Virginia Beach or where Vabs is at? is that to far down?

what are the thoughts of upstate NY?

I haven't ever been to this event just throwing out ideas at this point. If I can make it I'd love to come. I'm a hoot on caffeine :banghead:

why can't we sing around the campfire... :rofl:

what are the thoughts of Virginia Beach or where Vabs is at? is that to far down?

what are the thoughts of upstate NY?

I haven't ever been to this event just throwing out ideas at this point. If I can make it I'd love to come. I'm a hoot on caffeine :banghead:

why can't we sing around the campfire... :rofl:

We do have the finger lakes and some decent roads, maybe a cabin on one of the lakes and rides around em? The re are a few historic areas too, some folks might like riding in and around those towns.

VA would be cool, many members in the area!

Upstate NY, Lake George would be real nice!

Vermont awesome area, as well beautiful scenery

may i say...i am not interested in providing financial support to the state of NY whatsoever.

If you do decide to come to Ohio I might be able to help with details. One thought would be before making plans someone needs to check out the roads for oil field damage and traffic before planning Ohio. I don't believe it's an issue but have not been up that way since last fall.

Ohio has some real nice riding in the SE quadrant. I have done a lot of riding in that area, it's quite technical and challenging. Also nice riding in the Amish countryside in OH. Nicely suited for bus as, big sweepers ect. It may also be fun to have a ride with a ferry crossing.

That would make for some great photo ops. I make routes to do lots of ferry crossings, sometimes I don't even disembark, I just turn the bike around and head back with many quizzical looks from passengers and staff.

I once crossed the us bridge at Ogdensburg 4 times in one day because I loved the sound and squirm of the bike on the open metal grate bridge. They were doing construction too, so you were able to sit and wait at the top,look down and see the water rushing by, fun!,

Pa. Route 6 to Little grand canyon Pa. down to Loch Haven, Hyner view, Metal grate bridge @ Driftwood, Quehanna wild area. all nice riding areas

I have a few ideas, and will be speaking to Chris later today!

Back