Hawaii's best road

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Stumbled across this vid on YouTube. This is my fave road in Hawaii. I have a bunch of video of me up there on Saddle road. Only takes 5 minutes from my house to get to the good stuff if it's not raining ( and it rains alot! )

Dont know the single rider but the other vid with lots of bikes was taken in 2002 and I was probly there some where. These guys from Honolulu ship their bikes over every year for the best roads in the state. Sad truth is though that even though this is a remote road with lil traffic the LEO have been crackin down the last couple years.

The surface is/was really awesome with very few off camber turns.

I like it!
super.gif

R1[/url]

crazy ride[/url]

Pict0003.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Been there...but haven't done that...
sad.gif

Great vids brother...I miss Hawaii now.

Where is Saddle Road in relation to K-Bay?

(MC MUSTANG @ Feb. 19 2007,20:42) Where is Saddle Road in relation to K-Bay?
Well, first off, take the island hop off Oahu and head over to the Big Island, then you will find it.

As for roads in Hawaii, on Oahu I'd pick the NE side of H-3/Kam Hwy, or Snake Road which runs from Schofield Bks North to Dillingham Airfield/Mokuleia Beach. Snake Rd. has a lot of off-camber turns, but its the unpredictable pineapple trucks that suddenly decide to cross the road (slowly at that). If you never seen a pineapple truck or sugar cane truck, they are some huge bastids, like fricken earth movers.

On Maui, I forget the name of the road but its the main one running thru the valley from one side to the other, its pretty nice late night/early morning.

Saddle road is in the middle of this map. hwy 200 another great one is Kohala mt. road hwy 250 niether look very twisty but they are and the views are epic.

Only prob is I cant tell you how many times I headed down the road only to return again a few minutes later as the rain got too heavy. Rain is pretty warm but itsure makes for slippy slidey.
wow.gif

map_bigisland.jpg

BTW normally takes about 2 hrs by car to get from Hilo to Kona about  100 miles  I did it on the busie in 1 hr.  
biggrin.gif

saddleroad5.jpg

Had a close call here once... pulled out to pass and a little CRX was right down in the blind spot coming toward me. Had to split lanes at 100 mph with one car going my direction the other coming my direction. Had the extreme pucker goin on at that moment.
wow.gif

saddleroad6.jpg

Kinda seems wierd now that I am in Calif to ride around Hilo doin the beach cruise with no lid.

busa_21.jpg

(CAT3 @ Feb. 20 2007,06:51)
Well, first off, take the island hop off Oahu and head over to the Big Island, then you will find it.  

As for roads in Hawaii, on Oahu I'd pick the NE side of H-3/Kam Hwy, or Snake Road which runs from Schofield Bks North to Dillingham Airfield/Mokuleia Beach.  Snake Rd. has a lot of off-camber turns, but its the unpredictable pineapple trucks that suddenly decide to cross the road (slowly at that).  If you never seen a pineapple truck or sugar cane truck, they are some huge bastids, like fricken earth movers.  

On Maui, I forget the name of the road but its the main one running thru the valley from one side to the other, its pretty nice late night/early morning.
I grew up on Oahu and probly wouldnt ride if I lived there now, too too crazy and short lil twisty spots here and there but the good twisties are in neighborhoods and I dont do fast in the hood. I was just watching tonight some of the other vids up at google or youtube from Hawaii and I'm glad for the wide open spaces of the mainland. The Calif mountains and back roads are amazing! I miss my surfing though... oh well so many hobbies, so lil time  ;)

(Kento-Moto @ Feb. 19 2007,21:37)
(CAT3 @ Feb. 20 2007,06:51)

As for roads in Hawaii, on Oahu I'd pick the NE side of H-3/Kam Hwy, or Snake Road which runs from Schofield Bks North to Dillingham Airfield/Mokuleia Beach. Snake Rd. has a lot of off-camber turns, but its the unpredictable pineapple trucks that suddenly decide to cross the road (slowly at that). If you never seen a pineapple truck or sugar cane truck, they are some huge bastids, like fricken earth movers.

I grew up on Oahu and probly wouldnt ride if I lived there now, too too crazy and short lil twisty spots here and there but the good twisties are in neighborhoods and I dont do fast in the hood. I was just watching tonight some of the other vids up at google or youtube from Hawaii and I'm glad for the wide open spaces of the mainland. The Calif mountains and back roads are amazing! I miss my surfing though... oh well so many hobbies, so lil time ;)
Of the 7+yrs I lived in Hawaii total, I only rode about 6months of it. I totally agree, too crazy on Oahu. Worse now since Hawaii Raceway Park closed last April, no circuit, no dragstrip just a bunch of streetracers tearing up the neighborhoods and killing ppl.

Back