Hawaii jan 2011

red1100cc

Registered
well i got my information on the NCOM convention in Honolulu Hawaii, Jan. 28th-29th. they are going to pay for my plane ticket and 2 nights in the motel. well 2 nights is just not enough time in Hawaii. i am going to try and stay an extra 3 days. i won't have wheels, they just wouldn't rent a boat, donno why:laugh:.
:poke:well anyone here live in Hawaii? want to meet a motorcycle fanatic from Wyoming?
my plans at the moment :poke: well i don't really have any. i am thinkin what ever is free/cheep. alot of walking and lookin. may look into renting a scooter and putting around.
something tells me sleepin on the beach (at night) might be a dangerous proposition. think i'll bring a tent and hammock anyway.

any words from the wise?

welcome to my back of the woods.. to bad that I will be going to FL for vacation around the same time you are coming this way.. the beach camping not a bad idea but need to find a place to do it, since now days everything is getting shut down at sunset

I've found a few state parks that allow camping for around $20 a night. i also found a scooter rental for $100 for 3 days, so i can have some wheels.
i do have a bucket list check i want to fill. i want to go surfing in Hawaii. :thumbsup:
going to the library today to pick up a few travel to hawaii books.
:poke: then through the bar to get a pic for another thread:laugh:

Hawaii in January is perfect! Temps and humidity drop a little and surf on the North Shore gets huge! I usually go in Jan but not sure if I can afford it this year. I grew up in Honolulu and my wife is there right now visiting her mom.

The Scooter is agreat idea, but check out renta cars also as there are sometimes 3 day rates for about the same $ and you can go faster and farther ( like on the fwy to the north shore )

As for camping, I would say NO. Only in a large group would I recommend it, unfortunately it isnt safe by yourself anywhere on the island beaches or parks to be camping alone.

Maybe do a google search for a hostile or even stay at the YMCA. Where ever you decide to stay hit me or Riccoh back and we can tell ya if it is a good location or not.

You will have fun no matter what though :cool:

welcome to my back of the woods.. to bad that I will be going to FL for vacation around the same time you are coming this way.. the beach camping not a bad idea but need to find a place to do it, since now days everything is getting shut down at sunset
Seems funny when people are trying to get to Hawaii for a vacation, and you're leaving for yours.:laugh:

ok my mother is hooking me up with 2 nights, 3 days, at a resort. she has a voucher that has honolulu as an option. hurray for me! i still want to sleep on the beach and gather some lympits to eat. i have yet to hook up with the other ncom board of directors to see what they are doing. it would be nice to do some "team building" with those grey beards.
i still want to ride a longboard in some surf. i've had my butt kicked by both oceans, in merryland, the gulf coast, ob in cali, as well as oregon and washington (burr cold). would like to try to surf a little while im in hawaii. if yall havent guessed, im a cheep azz. would like to snorkel for some food.
is there anything i that is worth some good $$ in HI, that i can bring from Wy? antelope sausage? moose jerkey? a harley part or 2. would love to trade for some seafood. i still have some buffalo in the freezer :laugh:
3 months til i leave, still need some advise.

thanks my friends
Russ - red1100cc
PDW

Back