having trouble setting the TPS

Vigosama

Registered
Any tips would be appreciated. I am having a job of a time setting my tps, I get it idling at 2000 rpms and when i adjust my tps it seems to either want to go to the high line or the low line, there is almost no spot where its in the middle.
do i set it with the airbox on or off?

so, i consult the manual, and it appears a mode select switch is required to set the tps. typically, you would have a resistance value, and with an ohmmeter attached, you make your adjustment to match the spec. suzuki uses a mode select switch instead? probably, an ohmmeter that instead of actual values, gives a readout of a dashed character.

i would suggest setting the tps back to its original setting, and then adjusting the idle screw to your desired rpm. the tps is not meant to adjust the idle, merely to tell the ecu where the throttle is.

1. Engine should be warmed to operating temp (idle 10-15 min prior to making adjustments)
2. Adjust idle speed (think it's 1150-1250rpm)
3. Adjust TPS (display should show -C00, dash mark centered)

Air box should be on with sensors and hoses connected.

1. Engine should be warmed to operating temp (idle 10-15 min prior to making adjustments)
2. Adjust idle speed (think it's 1150-1250rpm)
3. Adjust TPS (display should show -C00, dash mark centered)

Air box should be on with sensors and hoses connected.

:thumbsup:

well that would explain a whole lot of my issue, Airbox on huh? don't i feel rather stupid. If only i wasn't stuck at work till 3am ( two jobs) oh well there is always tomorrow.
-v-

Just did mine.. used torx bit and pliars to get to the lower bolt. just loosen, not too much when the adjustment is made then tighten up carefully.. the problem i had was that as I was tightening it, it would move the mark again.. and then i would have to redo it again...

Back