Having trouble hearing your head phones.

newman

Registered
This might be obvious and I bet everyone knows it already but here we go.
I've got a Scala bluetooth headset on my sat nav and it's a bit quiet, the speakers which are flat go in the recesses by your ears in the helmet and are fixed on by Velcro, after my girlfriend put them in we read the last bit of the instructions :whistle: and it said if earphones are to quiet glue some foam in the recesses first and fix the Velcro to that and fix the headphones to that so there closer to your ears. So I've got to do mine again. :banghead:.

Be careful not to get them to close to your ears. My earphones are too close to my ears and sometimes my ears fold over when I put my helmet on and I can't straighten them out. So basically, the rim of my ear is covering the earphone.

boy have i got a mod for you...
RKT101 with some speakers by moi.

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

DSC00635.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

DSC00631.jpg

lots of goldwings in my past so i have installed my share of headphones. I perfer in ear headphone over helmet speaker headphones bit thats another discussion. I have found to get the headphones to work and sound the best they have to be as close to the ear as possible. If they touch your ear over time on a long day they will become uncomfortable. Instead of foam i have cut squares from an old leather belt to use as shims. I have had better luck doing this then with foam. You can stack them as needed.

Thats nice very orge but I'm so cack handed I would properly muck it up. Wallpapered a whole room once with the wallpaper upside-down and nearly cut a carpet off where a alcove was by mistake.

I use earbuds, but if you take your time putting the lid on and pull it over one ear at the time it helps with the issues mentioned. Good luck.

I wear a skull cap that goes over the top of my ears when I put my helmet on, it keeps my big ears from folding. I also wear in ear buds.

Back